Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Skillet – Turn your favorite dip into a 5 ingredient, quick and easy chicken dinner!
Sometimes chicken every night can get boring. I get that. So I am always trying to mix it up. Recently I did a round up with 37 of my families favorite chicken recipes, so I could have them all in one place.
What are your favorites? When I was growing up, we would often have just chicken breasts season with garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. It has been years since I have made just plain chicken. My husband would revolt! He wants sauce or noodles, or something extra.
One of my husbands all time favorite appetizers is spinach and artichoke dip. So I took that idea and turned it into dinner. And not just any dinner. A 5 ingredients, super easy dinner. It is packed with lots of spinach and artichokes, so your whole family will be getting their veggies. Spinach and Artichoke Gnocchi is another great way to get these flavors without a ton of work.
Over the past couple of years I have worked with Pillsbury to create recipes for their website. I very rarely share those recipes here, but I knew you guys would love this, so I just had to post about it.
Easy dinner recipes are what I live for. So this spinach and artichoke chicken skillet is exactly what I want on busy weeknights. You cook everything together in one pan, just a few ingredients you can have on hand all of the time, and dinner is done.
You can serve this with bread on the side to eat up all of that extra sauce. Or maybe even serve this over pasta. No matter what you do, your family will love all the flavors of classic spinach and artichoke dip on their plate for dinner.
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain.
- 1 (14 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, swirling to coat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the hot skillet, and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway, until the chicken is mostly cooked through. Remove from the heat and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a the same skillet melt the butter over medium-high heat and sauté garlic for 1-2 minutes, until you can start to smell it.
- Add in flour, stir and cook for a couple minutes until no white streaks remain.
- Slowly whisk in heavy cream and milk and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for 5-6 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Add thawed spinach and diced artichoke hearts. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
Amount Per Serving Calories 558Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 191mgSodium 521mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 44g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.