Spinach Artichoke Dip – this perfectly creamy, cheesy dip loaded with spinach and artichokes. You can bake it in the oven or use the crockpot for a delicious party favorite!
Everyone always love a good dip at a party, it is usually the first thing to go. And this spinach artichoke dip is exactly what you expect. It is creamy, cheesy, and the artichokes give it the perfect flavor and texture. If you aren’t a fan of spinach, check out my Hot Artichoke Dip for a little twist.
Plus this dip is perfect because you can make it in the oven or in the crockpot, whichever works for when you are serving it. So it is versatile and perfect for parties.
Why This Recipe Works!
- Oven or Crockpot – Once you mix together the dip you can either put it in the oven and have it ready in 20-30 minutes. Or you can put it in the crockpot to warm up over a couple hours and then keep warm if you are serving for a party.
- Make Ahead – Mix everything together and cover in the fridge for 24 hours before you bake. This is great if you are getting ready for a party and want to get things done ahead of time.
- Make it Your Own – As with just about any recipe you really can mix up the ingredients to make it your own. Switch up the cheeses, use fresh or frozen spinach, serve with whatever dippers you like!
What You’ll Need
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- Spinach – I like to use frozen because it is just easy. You do need to thaw and squeeze out the excess liquid or your dip will be watery. But you can also use fresh, see below for tips.
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper
How To Make Spinach Artichoke Dip
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full instructions.
- Cream together the cream cheese, sour cream and mayo. You can use a spatula, electric mixer or a hand mixer, whatever works for you. Just combine everything until it is nice and smooth.
- Add in your chopped artichoke hearts, spinach, Parmesan cheese, Mozzarella cheese, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Use a spatula to mix until combined.
- Spread the dip in an oven safe baking dish and bake for about 25 minutes until hot and bubbly. Or place in a small crockpot and heat over low for 2 hours. Then switch to warm to keep it hot for your event.
- Using a mixer does make for a creamier and smoother dip. You are just able to mix the cream cheese with the sour cream and mayo together better.
- Don’t want to use sour cream and mayo? Use Greek yogurt. The taste will change just a little bit (barely noticeable), but it works great.
- If you want to use fresh spinach instead of frozen you will want to cook it first. You can steam or sauté it first. Just cook it, let it cool, chop and squeeze out any liquid.
- You can make this dip ahead. Once it is ready to be cooked, cover and store in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking or putting in the crockpot.
- You want to try to use marinated artichoke hearts for this recipe. They are usually packed in oil (the canned ones are often packed in water), but also have some spices that give the artichokes more flavor. You do drain away the oil, but the flavor and spices remain, so it just adds more flavor to your tip.
What To Serve With Spinach Artichoke Dip
This is one of those dips that people like to eat with just about anything!
- Fritos Scoops
- Tortilla Chips
- Chucks of Sourdough or other hearty bread.
If you happen to have leftovers after your party, you can store in an airtight container and in the fridge for 3-4 days. If you have just a little bit, I microwave to reheat and enjoy. But honestly, it is great cold too! If you have enough, you can reheat in the oven until warm.
More Tasty Appetizer Recipes
- Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- Baked Mexican Cheese Dip
- Cheesy Sausage Wonton Cups
- Armadillo Eggs
- Avocado Bruschetta
- Chili Cheese Dip
- Mini Tostadas
- Baked Goat Cheese Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 14 oz marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and liquid squeezed out
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cream together the cream cheese, sour cream and mayo. You can use a spatula, electric mixer or a hand mixer. A mixer will give you a creamier dip.
- Add in your chopped artichoke hearts, spinach, Parmesan cheese, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Use a spatula to mix until combined.
- Spread the dip in an oven safe baking dish, sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until it is hot and bubbly.
- Remove and serve immediately.
- Or place in a small crockpot and heat over low for 2 hours. Then switch to warm to keep it hot for your event.
Amount Per Serving Calories 287Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 48mgSodium 955mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 8g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!