Football season is in full swing! Are you a fan? I enjoy watching a couple games, but only if I care about the teams. If it isn’t the Badgers or the Vikings, I don’t really care. Tomorrow we are actually going to the Colorado State game. My 9 year old is super excited, and I think it will be fun. There is something about actually being at a game. Hopefully the weather is good! It has been a chilly couple of days in Colorado. It is supposed to be back up into the 70’s and 80’s by next week. Which is good, because I am not ready for 50 degree weather. Although I am looking forward to lots of soup and fresh bread this fall!
The best part of football season is the food! As if there needed to be an excuse to have snacks and eat over the weekend. Chips, dips, and other snacks are necessary to make it through some games. So that is what we have here today. A fun dish that can definitely brighten up any weekend. These taco meatball skewers are quick, easy, and only 4 ingredients. Plus they are dip-able. Your favorite guacamole or salsa make the perfect paring for taco meatballs.
First you mix together ground turkey with taco seasoning and cheddar cheese. You need to form them into 1 inch meatballs.
Using a scissors cut the biscuits in a spiral, so it comes unrolled into straight line.
Thread the biscuit dough and meatballs onto a skewer. Then bake, until the meatballs are cooked and the biscuits are golden brown.
Super easy to come together, and great to serve for a weeknight dinner, or at your game day event. You can even cut the biscuits (once they are unrolled) in half, and make mini skewers with just 1 meatball. Taco meatball skewers will definitely be a hit at your next get together!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 Tbls taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package Pillsbury biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine ground turkey, taco seasoning and cheddar cheese. Mix well. Form into 1 inch meatballs.
- Open biscuits. Using a scissors cut the biscuit in a spiral motion, so it forms a straight line.
- Thread biscuits and meatballs onto a skewer. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 13-17 minutes until meatballs are cooked through, and the biscuits are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve with guacamole or your favorite salsa.