Winter is almost coming to an end, but I still have soups I want to try! Oh well, there will still be a few cool spring nights, so I am going to keep going; hope you don’t mind 🙂 This week for #SundaySupper Angie from Big Bears Wife is hosting a “Cheese, Cake, or Cheesecake” event. So we have a very wide variety of recipes for you today!
Those of you who know me will be shocked that I picked the cheese part of this event. But I made this soup last weekend, and I just had to share. Last Sunday we were experiencing a rare blizzard in Colorado. We get snow, not a ton, but we do get snow. When we do get snow, it never blows around though. That is very strange coming from the midwest. Anyway, we woke up Sunday morning to blowing snow, and not able to see the houses behind us very well. I immediately determined it was a soup day. Unfortunately I need to go to the grocery store, so it was going to be a soup day with what I had in the house!
My 7 year old raved about this soup, and ate the leftovers like crazy. I actually served them in bread bowls, which at first he thought was really strange, but turned out to be one of his favorites. Cheeseburger soup is a quick soup to make, even on a weeknight. In about 30 minutes you can have this on the table. You can garnish it with whatever you would normally put on a cheeseburger. I put a little bit of crumbled bacon and more cheese. Crisp raw onion, or diced avocado would be a great option.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion , finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 Tbls Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese , grated
- 1 Tbls mustard
- 3 Tbls ketchup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- cheddar cheese
- crisp bacon
- diced onions
- diced avocado
In a large stock pot cook the ground beef over medium high heat, breaking apart. After it begins to brown add onions, and garlic. Cook until the meat is cooked through, and the onions are soft. Drain any fat from the pan.
Stir in Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and chicken stock. Simmer.
In a liquid measuring cup whisk together milk and flour until smooth. Slowly stir into the simmering soup. Cook until the soup starts to thicken slightly.
Add the cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup at time, stirring after each addition.
Once the cheese is all added stir in the mustard, ketchup, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve with desired garnish.
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Freezes well.
- Garlic and Goat by Supper for a Steal
- Quick and Easy Homemade Cottage Cheese by The Meltaways
- Homemade Velveeta Cheese by Juanitas Cocina
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Parmesan Crisps by BigBearsWife
- Irish Cheese Soufflés by girlichef
- Paneer Tikka Masala by Kimchi Mom
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta with Homemade Ricotta and Broccoli by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Ricotta Croquettes by Basic N Delicious
- Cheeseburger Soup by Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Cherry Blossom Crescents by The Ninja Baker
- Saag Paneer! Golden Roasted Ricotta In Savory Spinach Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sourdough Cheese Crackers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Basil Balsamic Strawberries & Whipped Feta Grilled Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lox and Cream Cheese Mini Omelettes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken by In The Kitchen With KP
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Paneer Indian Cottage Cheese Pancake by Masala Herb
- Crepes with Strawberry Mascarpone Cream Filling by Soni’s Food
- Roasted Pears with Pecorino by Happy Baking Days
- Pan-Fried Halloumi Cheese Salad by The Catholic Foodie
- Chevre Torte with Mango and Sweet Pepper Salsa by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairyfree Ice Cream Cake by Galactosemia in PDX
- KitKat Chocolate Cake by The Urban Mrs.
- Old Fashioned Caramel Cake by There and Back Again
- Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Chips by Gotta Get Baked
- Flourless Chocolate Bean Cake by Vintage Kitchen
- Dense Chocolate Cherry Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Tequila Lime Cupcakes by Mama Mommy Mom
- Almond Polenta Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- Salmon Cakes by Family Foodie
- Banana Split Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze by NeighborFood
- Kit Kat Cheesecake Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Nutella Cheesecake Brownies by The Foodie Army Wife
- Individual Strawberry and White Chocolate Cheesecakes by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Mini Toddler Cherry Cheesecakes by In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maurene
- Mocha Cheesecake by The Lovely Pantry
- Lime Cheesecake Bites by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake by The Messy Baker
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Crusts by Cupcakes and Pearls
- Savory Shrimp Cheesecake with Herbs and Garlic by Food Lust People Love
- Cheesecake au Baileys by Baker Street
- Tiny Turtle Cheesecakes (No Bake) by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes by Cookistry
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bites by Mom, What’s For Dinner?