This post is being updated as of 6/20/14:
Peanut Butter Cream Pie has long been a favorite of my husband. If we go out to a restaurant that has this kind of pie, it is the one he orders. It is about the only time in his life that having chocolate is acceptable. See, even the peanut butter and chocolate combo can turn anyone! We have been making this pie at home for years! I think it was one of the first recipes I made when we first got married. I shared it the first time on the blog back in 2011, when I made it for Father’s Day. I am really sad to say, I think that was the last time I made it 🙁 When trying to come up with a dessert to go with our Father’s Day meal this year, I thought of this pie. Apparently I should make it a tradition!
This pie starts with a graham cracker crust. There is just something about a homemade graham cracker crust that gets me, so I always make my own. The hardest part is crushing the graham crackers! But if you wanted to go truly no bake, and use store bought, then go for it! Then there is a layer of hot fudge, and that is stopped with a creamy peanut butter, almost mousse like layer, that is also studded with peanut butter cups! Finally fresh whipped cream is spread on top with a few more peanut butter cups…because, why not! It is a rich and creamy dessert that is great for the summer. Bring it to your next get together, and I promise you will not have leftovers, and people will be begging you for the recipe!
A graham cracker crust topped with a layer of chocolate, and then a creamy peanut butter layer, and topped with fresh whipped cream!
20 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup hot fudge
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup cold milk
- 2 packages vanilla flavor instant pudding
- 1/2 tub Cool Whip, thawed (or 1 to 1 1/2 cups of homemade whipped cream)
- 1/2 cup mini reese's peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbls powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare the pie crust - Mix sugar with crushed crackers. Stir in melted butter. Pour into pie plate. Press firmly against sides and bottom. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely.
- To make the Pie:
- Spoon the hot fudge into the bottom of the crust, spread in an even layer. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Beat peanut butter and milk with whisk until well blended. Add the pudding mixes. Beat for 2 minutes, the mixture will be thick.
- Gently stir in the cool whip, and the peanut butter cups. Spoon over the chocolate layer. Put in the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile, mix (using whisk attachment) the heavy cream at medium speed until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla, and continue whisking until stiff peaks. Gently spread over the peanut butter layer.
- Garnish with additional peanut butter cups if desired.
- Let set in the fridge for 3 hours before serving.