Yesterday I posted about Homemade Nutella. It was delicious! I doubled the recipe, because I knew I wanted to make something really good with it. I wasn’t sure what it would be, but after some careful thought, I decided cupcakes! I actually had some cake batter in the freezer from back when I made Molten Lava Cake. Perfect opportunity to use that up! So I thawed that out, baked some cupcakes, filled them with Nutella, and then topped them with a Nutella Buttercream Frosting.
Oh My Word!! I don’t really have words to describe this, it was just AMAZING!! The frosting was so good! My 6 year old and I just sat over the bowl of cake balls I scooped out, and dipped them in frosting! I immediately called my neighbor and made her come over. She had to sneak in so the kids didn’t see that she got one and they didn’t My 6 year old is already asking when I can make them again!
- 8 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 10 Tbls butter
- ½ cup flour
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbls milk
- ¼ cup Nutella
- 1 – 1½ cups powdered Sugar
- To make the cake:
- Melt the chocolate and butter together. You can use a double broiler, or the microwave. Just get it nice and smooth. Add the flour and sugar. It will be very thick. Stir in the eggs, yolks, and vanilla until smooth. Pour batter into muffin tins. Will make approx 12 cupcakes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- To make the frosting:
- Mix everything together until it is the consistency of frosting. You may need to adjust the sugar or milk to get it right.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, use a teaspoon to scoop out the center. Fill with Nutella. Top with Nutella Buttercream Frosting.