One Pan Spicy Garlic Shrimp – dinner is ready in 15 minutes, with this super flavorful, a little spicy, garlic shrimp recipe.
Today is our 15th wedding anniversary! I can’t believe how fast time flies. I actually met my husband when I was 15 years old (he was 17). So we have known each other for a long time, and been through a lot together.
We have lived in 3 states together, owned 3 houses, moved 5 times, traveled countless miles together, been to 3 continents, have an 11 year old son, and tons of great memories together. Pretty excited to see where the next 15 years are going to take us!
In honor of our anniversary, and I am sharing one of my husband’s favorite foods; shrimp. He loves seafood, and would probably eat it almost ever day if he could. Unfortunately we live pretty much as far away from an ocean as you can get, so our choices are pretty limited.
Shrimp is pretty easy to come by though, and it is often on sale. When it is on sale, I always buy extra to have in the freezer for last minute dinners. You can run frozen shrimp under cold water to help it thaw quicker. So on nights when I have nothing planned, shrimp is a great option. Plus it has very few calories, so it is actually good for you!
One pan spicy garlic shrimp is one of those dinners that comes together in minutes. You will probably have to wait longer for your oven to preheat, then it will take the shrimp to cook. I mix the seasonings, garlic and oil in a bowl to form kind of a paste. Then add the shrimp and mix it up until everything is well coated. Just bake, and you are done.
You can serve with roasted asparagus, or Italian cheese pull apart bread would be delicious as well! I squeezed a little lime juice over our shrimp when it came out of the oven to brighten up the flavor. The whole tray was gone in minutes!
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , grated or finely minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl combine everything but the shrimp above. Mix until it forms a smooth paste. Add shrimp and toss to evenly coat.
- Pour onto a baking sheet, spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the shrimp are opaque and fully cooked.
- Remove and serve with a slice of lime if desired.
More recipes you might like:
- Honey Garlic Shrimp Skillet by The Cooking Jar
- Roasted Old Bay Shrimp by Jeanette’s Healthy Living
- 15 Minute Garlic Shrimp from Little Spicy Jar
- Shrimp Scampi Pizza from Cooking with Curls