Oven Fried Shrimp – make super crispy shrimp that is baked, not fried, so it is actually good for you! This is batter “fried” shrimp your family is going to love and is really easy to make.
If my family had their way we would probably have seafood 4 nights a week. They would vary the type and the way it was cooked, but the more seafood the better as far as they are concerned. I on the other hand aren’t a big fan. I really enjoy shrimp, but that is kind of where it ends. My favorite is breaded and deep fried shrimp, but that isn’t exactly a healthy or easy option for home. So this oven fried shrimp recipe is my go to!
Shrimp is such a low calorie food, I love adding it to the menu when we are trying to eat a little better. It feels like we are getting a treat, but I know it is actually good for us. Crispy Baked Shrimp is another favorite that is made quite often around here.
Do you remember Shake n’ Bake as a kid? I used to love that stuff! Well I am using a very similar method to make “breading” these shrimp super fast and easy with not a lot of mess! You can use bowls for the flour and breading mixture, but then you are dipping each shrimp and it takes longer. Plus your fingers get coated in flour and it is kind of a mess.
How to Make Oven Fried Shrimp
- Set up your “Breading” Station: Mix the panko breadcrumbs and the seasoning together in a plastic storage bag. Have the flour in a separate bag. And mix beat the egg with the water in a small bowl.
- Add the shrimp to the bag of flour and shake until they are all coated.
- Dip each shrimp into the egg mixture and add to the bag of breadcrumbs.
- Once all the shrimp are in the breadcrumb bag, shake until they are well coated.
- Place the shrimp on a baking sheet that has been brushed with olive oil.
- Bake until done and crispy. Flip the shrimp part way through so both sides get nice and crispy.
- Serve with cocktail sauce or whatever your favorite dipping sauce is.
Shrimp cooks in no time, so this is a great quick and easy dinner you can get on the table on busy nights.
What to Serve With Breaded Shrimp
Lots More Shrimp Recipes To Try
- Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
- Speedy Shrimp Pasta
- Shrimp & Avocado Tostadas
- One Pan Spicy Garlic Shrimp
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Easy Shrimp & Grits
- Shrimp Cakes
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil
- 1 ½ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbls water
- 3 Tbls olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add panko breadcrumbs, paprika, oregano, basil, powder, salt, and cayenne to a large plastic bag. Add flour to a
separate large plastic bag. Beat egg and water in a bowl.
- Add shrimp to the bag of flour. Shake until well coated. Dip each shrimp in the egg mixture, and add to the bag of breadcrumbs. Shake until well coated.
- Drizzle olive oil over a large baking sheet.
- Place coated shrimp in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes (depending on how large your shrimp are), flipping half way.
- Serve with cocktail sauce for dipping.
Amount Per ServingCalories 643Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 405mgSodium 2610mgCarbohydrates 67gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 51g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!