Pierogies Sausage Skillet – take a little shortcut from the store and turn pierogies into a quick and easy hearty meal with your favorite smoked sausage.
I am all about getting together with friends for just about any occasion. Sports, birthdays, tv shows, you name it. Getting together with friends and sharing good food is always a fun time.
Today I am bringing you an easy recipe that is perfect for a busy weeknight or the next time friends are over to watch the big game. A little short-cut from the store makes this pierogies sausage skillet come together in minutes, so there is no stress!
March is here, and you know what that means. Well it can mean spring, sometimes Easter, and spring break. But if you are a sports fan it means time for basketball! March madness is about to be in full swing. And what better thing to do while watching basketball than eat!
Do you fill out brackets for March madness? When I was growing up we filled out brackets every year. Now my son thinks it is super fun to make his picks and track them over the tournament. There are a lot of the games that happen over dinner time, so I wanted to come up with a fun dinner we could have while watching the games.
Pierogies Sausage Skillet comes together in just minutes. You start with a box of frozen Mrs. T’s Pierogies that you cook according to the package directions. I used classic cheddar for this recipe, but it would work with just about all of them. So pick your favorite!
Then you brown your favorite smoked sausage with some onions and onions. Mix them all together with a touch of cream and you have a hearty and great dinner for the whole family!
We have had Mrs. T’s Piergoies in our freezer for years. My husband found them when we were first married, and fell in love. I like that they are made with real, quality ingredients. Like real cheddar cheese. He likes to just toss with a tiny bit of melted butter for a quick meal. Great go-to when you want something that tastes great fast, without a lot of work.
- 1 (16.9 oz) box frozen Mrs. T's Pierogies
- 1 Tbls butter
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 (12 oz) package kielbasa or other smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbls cornstarch
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green onion , thinly sliced
- Cook pierogies according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet heat butter and olive over medium-high heat. Add sliced kielbasa and onions to the skillet. Cook for 5-6 minutes until browned and the onions are tender.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add cooked and drained pierogies and cook for a minute or two to slightly brown.
- Mix chicken broth and cornstarch together. Stir in and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes or until sauce starts to chicken. Add in cream. Heat until warmed through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and serve garnished with green onions.
Be sure to follow Mrs. T’s Pierogies for updates and great recipe ides.
**This post is sponsored by Mrs. T’s Pierogies. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.