Pierogies Taco Skillet – Cheese filled pierogies get a Mexican twist with taco meat, salsa, and plenty of cheese! Great weeknight meal that is ready in no time.
If you know one thing about me, you know that I love Mexican food. It can be your basic tacos or it can go up to Chicken Enchiladas or carnitas or anything in between. I kind of love it all. If there is a way to put a spicy or taco spin on something, you can bet I am going to find a way. Because let’s face it, if Mexican food is involved so are Margaritas!
Awhile ago I shared a recipe for Pierogies Sausage Skillet that to this day is still a huge hit. It is ready in just minutes, so you can make it even on your busiest night. I decided it was time for a new version. A spicier version. A taco version!
Ingredients You Need
- Cheddar Cheese Pierogies
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Cheddar Cheese
This dinner could not be easier to make. There are about three steps involved and dinner is on the table in under 20 minutes. So you can make it on those nights when everyone is rushing around and you don’t know how to get everyone fed. No having to rely on take out or the drive thru, you can still cook at home.
How To Make Pierogies Taco Skillet
- Start by bringing a large pot of water to boil, and cook the pierogies according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef and make taco meat like you normally would. You can use ground turkey here instead if you like as well.
- Once the meat and at pierogies are cooked mix them together and pour in the salsa. Mix until everything is well coated.
- Top with everything with cheese, cover the pan and let it melt.
- Once the cheese is melted you can get fancy with the toppings!
Pierogie Topping Ideas
Where to Buy Pierogies
I find them in the frozen food section of my normal grocery store. There are a couple of different varieties that are stocked there. The cheddar variety works great for this taco skillet.
This taco skillet is definitely a different way to serve pierogies, but it is a tasty twist that your family is going to enjoy. Mexican Skillet Potatoes are a big hit at my house, and this is is a similar concept of mixing potatoes with taco meat. So give it a try and enjoy!
Weeknights don’t have to be a headache when it comes to dinner. Just having a plan and the right things in your fridge and freezer can make dinner easy! Plus kids love when you say anything with the word taco for dinner, so you won’t getting any complaining either!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet
- Chicken Satay Stir Fry
- Cajun Sausage Pasta
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- French Dip Sliders
- Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 1 box Cheddar Pierogies
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pierogies according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef. Add taco seasoning and the water called for on the package. Bring to a simmer until the water is absorbed.
- Mix in cooked and drained pierogies and salsa, stir to coat everything.
- Top with cheese and cover until melted.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Amount Per Serving Calories 539Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 137mgSodium 1204mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 41g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!