Creamy Balsamic Dressing – Dress up your salads by turning classic balsamic vinaigrette in a healthy creamy balsamic dressing.
I love a good salad. But part of what makes a good salad is the dressing. Chicken Caesar Salad is not exactly exciting if you have a run of the mill or flavorless dressing. And this creamy balsamic dressing is one of my all time favorites!
If you haven’t made your own dressing before, now is the time to start, it is so much easier than you think!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It comes together in literally 5 minutes. I get that opening a bottle takes less time, but with this you get full control over all of the ingredients, the ratios, the amount of salt etc.
- It just tastes better. Some store bought dressings are loaded with sugar, salt, and other ingredients that aren’t needed to make them last longer. Here you just have a few ingredients and they really shine.
- Simple ingredients you probably already have on hand. This really takes just 5 ingredients (plus salt and pepper) with no added sugar!
What You’ll Need
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Dried Oregano
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Salt & Pepper
Balsamic Vinaigrette has always been one of my favorite dressings and I will pick it every time if it is available at a restaurant. But adding Greek yogurt gives it this creamy texture, bumps up the protein level and just makes for an excellent addition!
How To Make Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Close the lid and shake like crazy to really emulsify the oil.
- Spoon the yogurt into the jar and give it another really good shake.
- You know it is blended well when you use a spoon and the dressing does not appear oily.
You can store this in the jar that you mixed it in. It will last in the fridge for about a week. When you want to use, take it out and let it sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes for it to warm up. When it sits in the fridge the oil will solidify a little, so you want to warm it up and stir or shake it again before serving.
- I like to do this in a jar with a tight fitting lid, so I can just shake it like crazy to really get the oil and vinegar to emulsify. You could also use a food processor to really blend the vinaigrette together, just slowly stream in the oil while the food processor or blender is on.
- Don’t like or have yogurt? You can use mayo or even sour cream in place of the Greek yogurt to make your balsamic dressing creamy.
- This is really just a basic dressing that you can make your own. Like garlic, add a clove. Want it with a touch of sweetness, add a teaspoon of honey. You really can customize to your liking.
- As written this makes enough for about 2 large salads for 4 Side Salads. You can definitely triple, double, or even halve the recipe for your needs.
More Salad Dressing Recipes To Try
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- Cafe Rio Dressing
- Easy Asian Dressing
- Greek Vinaigrette
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Creamy Chipotle Dressing
- Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbls Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground oregano
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 1/2 Tbls Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup plain Stonyfield yogurt
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine vinegar, oregano, and mustard in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined. Stir in yogurt. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge
Amount Per Serving Calories 122Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 1mgSodium 120mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 1g
I created a fun group on Facebook,and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can
share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and
tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS
recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you
never miss a post!