Dorito Casserole – Turn taco night into a quick and easy casserole with layers of your favorite chips. It is time to redefine the casserole, and make it something people want to eat!
Do you like Mexican food? If you are here, the answer has to be yes. It is pretty much considered a food group in my opinion. It is really hard to pick a favorite but these Shrimp Tostadas are pretty high up there.
When I am not sure what to make for dinner Mexican food is pretty much by go-to. Creamy Salsa Chicken is a staple because I always have the ingredients in my house to make it.
This is your basic taco casserole with Doritos. You can use whatever flavor of Doritos you like, but I am partial to the cool ranch. My guys are more nacho cheese fans, so we have made this both ways. It is layers of chips, taco meet, cheese, and then topped with your favorite toppings!
Dorito casserole is such an easy dinner, as long as you can make taco meat, you can get this on the table. It bakes in the oven for the cheese to melt, which is obviously the best part. Gooey melty cheese is always a win. This Mexican Rice Skillet is a similar idea but it is all done on the stove top and instead of the chips you have rice.
How to make Dorito Casserole
- In a large skillet you start by browning your meat. I like to use ground turkey, but you can use ground beef as well. When you mix taco seasoning with ground beef I find it hard to tell the difference.
- Add the onions and corn to the meat and cook until the meat is browned and the onions are soft.
- Next mix in your taco seasoning and water like you would if you were making tacos. Use whatever brand or homemade version you like!
- Then you want to remove it from the heat when you stir in the sour cream. If it is on the heat there is a high chance the sour cream with curdle and removing it from the heat helps to make sure that doesn’t happen.
- Now you just layer things together. Start with some crushed up Doritos on the bottom of a casserole dish, and top with about half of the meat and half of the cheese. Repeat with another layer and then you bake it!
- You bake for about 20 minutes, you are just making sure that the cheese is melted throughout the casserole.
- Remove from the oven and top with whatever taco toppings you like. It can be lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, avocado, jalapenos and more.
This taco casserole with Doritos is always a hit with the kids. Anytime Doritos show up on the table, I know my family is happy. And if you love tacos, don’t miss this Taco Pasta Skillet for all the same flavors in a creamy one pan pasta dinner! One of the most requested meals at my house.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!