Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls – quick and easy cinnamon rolls that are perfect for the holidays. Eggnog are both in the dough and in the glaze!
Welcome to Day Three of Christmas Week. This event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We hope to inspire you to break out those holiday sprinkles and get your bake on!
Earlier this week I talked about as a child my family tradition was to have French toast for Christmas breakfast. So I updated that recipe to a fun Eggnog French Toast. As an adult, our new tradition is to have cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning. Today I am updating that to a fun Eggnog Cinnamon Roll! I am seriously in love with the flavor of eggnog in baking and sweet treats. So is my 9 year old, so I have someone to make them for!
These Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls are ready in less than an hour, so you don’t have to spend a ton of time in the kitchen making them. No yeast is involved, so they are perfect for anyone to make! I adapted one of my favorite cinnamon roll recipes to make these. Super easy, and so much great flavor. I used eggnog in the glaze as well, so you get tons of great nutmeg and eggnog flavor. Be sure to add this to your breakfast menu this holiday season!
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbls butter, , melted and cooled
- 21/2 cups (121/2 oz) flour
- 2 Tbls sugar
- 11/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 11/4 cups eggnog
- 6 Tbls butter, , melted and cooled
- 2 Tbls butter, , softened
- 2 Tbls eggnog
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt 1 stick of butter in a bowl, let cool (use this bowl for each step when you need melted butter).
- Brush 1 Tbls of butter into a 9 inch cake pan. Set aside.
- Prepare the filling. In a bowl combine brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Add 1 Tbls melted butter. Using your fingers or a fork stir together until is feels like wet sand. Set aside.
- Prepare the dough. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a liquid measuring cup mix together eggnog and 2 Tbls melted butter. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon, until everything is combined (about 30 seconds). The dough will be very rough. Turn onto a floured surface and kneed until just smooth (handle as little as possible for flaky rolls).
- Using your hands, press the dough into a 12x9 inch rectangle. Brush with 2 Tbls melted butter. Sprinkle the filling evenly over the dough, pressing gently into the dough. Be sure to leave about 1/2 in border around the edges. Using a scarper loosen the dough from the counter, and roll (starting from the long side), into a tight cylinder. Pinch to seal. Using a sharp knife, cut into 8 equal pieces. Slightly flatten each piece of dough, to try to keep the filling in. Place 1 roll in the center of the prepared pan, and arrange the other 7 around it. Brush with the last 2 Tbls of butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Allow the rolls to rest for 5 minutes before frosting.
- Meanwhile, prepare the icing. In a small bowl mix all of the icing ingredients together. You can adjust the eggnog and sugar level to get the desired consistency. Drizzle the icing over the cinnamon rolls.
- Remove from pan to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 397Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 123mgSodium 616mgCarbohydrates 51gFiber 0gSugar 50gProtein 7g
Swing by all the participants to see what they’ve been whipping up for the holidays:
- Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peppermint Spritz Cookies by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Scandinavian Fruit Soup by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Egg Nog Pound Cake by My Catholic Kitchen
- Coquito Cheesecake Flan by Mind Over Batter
- Mulled Wine Fruit Gums by Food Lust People Love
- Soft Caramels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Eggnog Icing by From Gate to Plate
Giveaway Prizes include:
- One 5 piece set of Anolon Bakeware Set
- Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Quart Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
- Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Pint Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
- One Set of 1 Dozen Assorted Cookie Sampler Box from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen Bake Shop
- Two Sets of Brownie Brittle Snack Sampler (each set includes One 5-ounce bag of each flavour)
- Plus 1 Copy of each of these cookbooks:
- One Autographed Copy of Make Ahead Bread by Donna Currie
- One Copy of The Mixer Bible by Meredith Deeds
- One Copy of 175 Best Babycakes Cake Pop Recipes by Kathy Moore and Roxanne Wyss
- One Copy of 175 Best Mini Pie Recipes by Julie-Anne Hession
- One Copy of The 250 Best Brownies, Bars & Squares by Ester Brody
- One Copy of Oatrageous Oatmeals by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of Adventures in Comfort Food by Kerry Alteiro
- One Copy of Food Truck Road Trip by Kim Pham
- One Copy of Decadent Gluten-Free Vegan Baking by Cara Reed
- One Copy of 100 Juices, Smoothies and Healthy Snacks by Emily von Euw
- One Copy of CopyKat coms Dining Out at Home Cookbook Recipes by Stephanie Manley
- One Copy of Copykat.com’s Dining Out At Home Cookbook 2 by Stephanie Manley
Be sure to enter the giveaway below. Open to U.S. residents only. Good luck everyone!