Orange Bread – a slice of fresh orange bread has the perfect amount of orange flavor and is a great breakfast treat or snack with a cup of coffee. Top with an optional glaze to make it extra special!
This post is sponsored by Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
This orange bread is a no-yeast quick bread, made with both fresh orange juice and orange zest for the perfect amount of sweet and tart flavor. You can top it with the optional orange glaze for even more flavor and to make it extra special.
Click HERE to get the FULL recipe
I love making quick breads, they are usually easy to make and have such great flavor. This Lemon Poppy Seed Bread is another one if you love citrus flavors. One of the best thing about this orange bread and other quick breads is how well they freeze! You can make mini loaves or double the base recipe and always have bread on hand for when guests show up or to give as gifts.
What You’ll Need
Click HERE to get the full recipe and measurements
- Unsalted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Oranges – you need both the juice of 2-3 oranges as well as the zest
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Powdered Sugar
- Orange Juice
- Orange Zest
How To Make Fresh Orange Bread
- You want to start with room temperature butter and cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until they are fully incorporated.
- Pour in the orange juice and zest and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix until the flour just disappears and is blended. The batter will be thick.
- Spread into a prepared 9×5 loaf pan and bake for about an hour. You want it it to gently spring back when you touch it and a tester to come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you are making the glaze you will wait until the bread has completely cooked and then mix everything together until it smooth and you can drizzle it over the bread.
How Long Does Orange Bread Last
It should last for about a week if left at room temperature. It will last a couple days longer if you store it in the fridge. Just make sure it is tightly wrapped so it doesn’t dry out. Frozen it will last for 3-4 months.
Can I Leave The Orange Glaze Off
Of course! If you want just the bread with no glaze, you are welcome to omit it.
How To Freeze Quick Breads
You can freeze a couple different ways. You can bake the loaf, allow it to cool completely and then wrap in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 3-4 months. Ideally you put the glaze on when you are ready to serve. But the glaze will freeze fine, it will just release some moisture as it thaws.
You can also freeze individual slices, so you can just take out 1 slice at a time to enjoy. Arrange the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and then freeze. Once the slices are frozen through, assemble them back into a loaf and store in plastic wrap or an airtight container.
More Bread Recipes To Try
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Strawberry Bread
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Apple Pie Bread
- Coconut Lime Bread
- Blueberry Banana Bread
I am sharing this recipe over at Imperial Sugar today. Click on Orange Bread to get the FULL Recipe.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Lots of different E-Books for sale. Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats - May 30, 2023
- Bisquick Muffins - May 29, 2023
- Oatmeal Pancakes - May 26, 2023
Thursday 18th of May 2023
I love how refreshing and flavorful this bread is!! Thanks for the recipe!
Thursday 18th of May 2023
I would like to wake up with this bread for brunch! It would be perfect for our Sunday family gathering!
Wednesday 17th of May 2023
This looks absolutely delicious! I love quick bread like this, and the glaze really makes it fo rme.