Grilled Chicken with Peach Barbecue Sauce – juicy grilled chicken with a sweet, smoky, and slightly spicy peach barbecue sauce.
Peach season is pretty much here! I love when I can go to the farmer’s market and get a bag of fresh peaches. Before I moved to Colorado I never realized how many were grown in the area. So coming up with great peach recipes; like Peach Tea Punch is a must.
The only thing better would be having a peach tree in my backyard. I don’t see that happening, so the farmer’s market it is. And I can just buy lots of extras so I can make Peach Cobbler Muffins to enjoy all summer long.
We eat a lot of grilled chicken in the summer at my house. Grilled Chicken Thighs are definitely on repeat this summer. I first made this grilled chicken with peach barbecue sauce years ago, when I first started blogging. My family was really concerned when I told them what the sauce was made of, but they were total converts as soon as they tasted them.
My family kind of loves anything with barbecue sauce. Barbecue Ribs are one of our favorites. So I knew I was going out on a limb by adding sweet peaches to the sauce. But it works! The peaches give the sauce a slightly sweet flavor. But the adobo gives it the smoky and slightly spicy flavor your looking for in a barbecue sauce.
So mix it up this summer and make something new for your family. This Grilled chicken with peach barbecue sauce will definitely surprise and impress your family. I love to change up the flavors when grilling chicken, and this balsamic chicken marinade is another favorite.
This Honey Ginger Glazed Pork Tenderloin is another great way to use peaches for dinner. I never would have thought put peaches and corn either, but looks amazing in this Open Faced Chicken Burger with Peach Corn Salsa. Or try this gorgeous Turkey Burger with Peaches and Blueberries to really impress your family.
- 1 cup chopped and peeled fresh peaches (can sub frozen)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbls fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan. Season lightly with salt and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer until peaches are very soft and flavors meld, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat; let cool. Pour peach mixture into a blender and purée until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place half the sauce in a medium bowl; add the chicken and turn to coat. Let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes, or cover and chill for up to 8 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.
- Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Grill chicken until browned and almost cooked through, 4-5 minutes per side. Brush on all sides with reserved sauce; grill until glazed and cooked through, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Slice crosswise. Serve remaining sauce alongside.
Recipe from Bon Appetit
Amount Per ServingCalories 279Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 102mgSodium 446mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 39g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.