Mushroom and Ham White Pizza – roasted garlic white sauce with sautéed mushrooms, cheese, and ham make for a delicious pizza. Great way to use what you already have on hand!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hillshire Brand Company. All opinions are entirely my own
I love white pizza. Roasted Garlic white chicken pizza is probably my favorite all time pizza. And I am always looking for ways to use that sauce. Anything creamy and with roasted garlic is always good!
My son pretty much always takes a ham sandwich to school. He uses a hot dog bun, puts in a few slices of ham and then sliced black olives. He has been doing it for years. So we always have ham in our fridge. Which means, I am always looking for fun new things to do with it!
Hillshire Farm® Honey Ham is our favorite, and we have been buying it for years. I like that it’s made with no artificial flavors or preservatives, plus there are no added nitrates or nitrites. So I can feel good about him eating it every day.
Lately I have been buying the 1 pound variety pack that has both, turkey breast and honey ham, at Walmart. That way I can get what I like too, and he gets a little more variety in his life. Plus if you use Walmart’s Online Grocery Pick Up, you don’t even have to get out of your car. Talk about a life saver when it comes to grocery shopping. You can check to see if it is available in your area.
What is one thing that everyone likes? Pizza! So I decided to turn some leftovers into pizza and make the entire family happy. I like to take something that is already in our fridge and make it into something new. When you think of lunchmeat, you think of a sandwich, right? Well there are way more uses than just a sandwich! A white pizza for example.
I love mushrooms, and will always think of mushroom pizza as my favorite. So why not use my favorite white sauce, my beloved mushrooms, and then add ham to it. The ham is slightly sweet, salty, and a delicious addition. You could use your favorite pizza sauce or even Alfredo sauce for this ham pizza if you wanted. Whatever your family will like!
So think outside the classic sandwich and pick up some Hillshire Farm lunch meat today. Your whole family will love this mushroom pizza and you will look like a hero. Plus if you use this Ibotta coupon you can save on Hillshire Farm Lunchmeat Red Lid Varieties from 5/20-6/30 at Walmart.
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 oz mushrooms, thinly siced
- 6 slices Hillshire Farms Honey Ham
- Fresh basil, for topping
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 8 cloves roasted garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a silpat liner, or grease and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Sauté roasted garlic for 1 minute.
- Add flour, and mix until well blended. Cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and half and half. Mix in the pepper.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat, and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Meanwhile sauté mushrooms in a skillet until browned.
- Spread dough into roughly a 12 inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread white sauce over the dough.
- Top pizza with mushrooms and cheese. Break the slices of ham into small pieces and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake pizza for 15-17 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden. Remove from oven and sprinkle fresh basil over the top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 569Saturated Fat 12gCholesterol 77mgSodium 1731mgCarbohydrates 67gFiber 2gSugar 10gProtein 33g
**This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hillshire Farms. All opinions are entirely my own