I hope you enjoyed My Husband’s Favorites of 2013 last week. Today I am sharing with you my favorites. I am sure you can see a major difference between the two…. Mine involves chocolate! I have a bit of an obsession with chocolate, which can pose a problem considering my husband doesn’t like it. It is a good thing I have friends 🙂 Quick note – are you on Instagram? I am stepping into the new millennium, and have joined. Head over and follow me! http://instagram.com/dinnersdishes
13. Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Muffins – Just look at all those melty chocolate chips, and tell me you don’t want one. Plus it is made with Greek yogurt, 1/2 whole wheat flour and very little oil!
11. Chicken Gnocchi Soup – I love going to Olive Garden for their soup, salad & breadsticks lunch. The gnocchi soup is my favorite. I made one at home that is lightened up, so you don’t feel guilty about eating it.
11. Berry Almond Salad – This salad is one of my favorites when fresh berries are in season. So much great flavor and so good for you!
10. Philly Cheesesteaks -I absolutely love cheesesteak sandwiches. I have never had a real one from Philly, but I am a big fan of these homemade versions.
9. Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies – These cookies have a secret ingredient to make them so thick and chewy. They have become my go-to recipe, after making the same one since I was a little girl.
8. Roasted Corn & Avocado Salsa – This was my first experience with roasted corn….so good! I can’t wait to find more uses for it.
7. Puppy Chow Bars – My favorite part of Puppy Chow (Muddy Buddies) is the chunks that stick together. These bars are a whole pan of just those parts, fudgy, chocolate-y, and lots of peanut butter.
6. Spiked Blackberry-Vanilla Lemonade – Real vanilla beans are used in this drink. Such a refreshing drink, and such a pretty color
5. Chocolate Pumpkin Bread – I loved this bread so much I made it for the teachers at school as their Christmas gifts. So tender, chocolate-y, and full of spice.
4. Rosemary Focaccia – This is our go-to recipe when we want to make bread. I almost always have a loaf in the freezer waiting for next time.
3. Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats – Biscoff and chocolate together is one of the best combinations. I have been trying to find an excuse to make these again, and I think I found one next week 🙂
2. Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Cookies – I have a serious obsession with all things chocolate and peanut butter; I just can’t turn away. These cookies are so fudgy, and then have a creamy peanut butter center.
So there are my favorite recipes from 2013. Stay tuned tomorrow for Reader’s Favorites!