This colorful combination of cereals, pretzels, and candies is the perfect way to celebrate any occasion with red, white, and blue. Patriotic Party Mix is fun, festive, and will disappear in no time!
Get ready to take your patriotic party to the next level with our delicious 4th of July Party Mix! Loaded with red, white, and blue, this salty and sweet snack mix is the perfect addition to any celebration. From Fourth of July barbecues to Memorial Day picnics, this party mix will have your guests coming back for more. So break out the red, white, and blue decorations, fire up the grill, and get ready to snack in style with our Patriotic Party Mix!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Fun. Let’s just get it out of the way, this is fun and festive! Chocolate coated cereal, candy, salty pretzels all come together with festive colors for a fun addition to any party.
- Easy. You really can have this done in about 10 minutes. It needs about an hour for the chocolate to harden, but it could not be easier or faster to make!
- Versatile. You really can use any ingredients you like for this and make it your own. Don’t like cheerios, use Captn’ Crunch. Have fun, your imagination is the only obstacle for this one.
What You’ll Need
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Crispix Cereal
- Cheerios – I use original, but honey nut works really well
- Pretzels – it works best to break them in half so they are closer in size to everything else
- Mini Marshmallows
- White Chocolate
How To Make Patriotic Party Mix
- Mix. In a large bowl add the Crispix Cereal, Cheerios, pretzels, M&M’s and marshmallows. Pour the white chocolate over the top and mix until well coated.
- Let Harden. Pour the mixture onto a large baking sheet and let it set up for about an hour. Shake the sprinkles evenly over the top while the mixture is still wet so they will stick to the chocolate.
Recipe Tips & Variations
- In the summer you can often find Red, White & Blue M&M’s at the store. If you can’t find them, you can pick out the red and blue M&M’s from a large bag of regular M&M’s and should get enough for the recipe.
- I like to use almond bark or the white chocolate bars that are meant for melting. I think they melt easier and much smoother.
- Get creative with your mix-ins! I used Crispix cereal and Cheerios, but you really can use anything you like. Any variety of Chex cereal, Captn’ Crunch, Life cereal, Golden Grahams etc. Whatever you have, whatever flavor you like works great!
Snack Mix Storage
This will last a couple days if you store it in an airtight container. No need to refrigerate, just store at room temperature. If it is the peak of summer and really hot in your kitchen, you may want to put it in the fridge, so the chocolate doesn’t melt.
Freezing – this is one of those that does hold up to the freezer. You can store in an airtight container for up to 3 months. When I thaw it, I like to pour it back onto a baking sheet, and any moisture can drip onto the baking sheet and not get stuck in the bag. It usually isn’t a problem, but if it has been in the freezer for a long time it is something to consider.
More Fun Summer Recipes
- Red, White & Blue Muddy Buddies
- Patriotic Pretzels
- Kool Aid Pie
- Brownie Batter Dip
- Lemon Cheesecake Cones
- S’mores Snack Mix
- Strawberry Popsicles
- 4 cups Crispix Cereal
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup mini pretzels, broken in half
- 1 cup Red, White & Blue M&M"s
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 12 oz white chocolate or almond bars
- 2 Tablespoons festive sprinkles
- In a large bowl mix together both cereals, pretzels, M&M's and marshmallows
- Melt white chocolate until smooth. You can microwave at 30 second intervals or use a double boilder.
- Pour melted chocolate over cereal mixture and mix until everything is well coated.
- Pour onto a baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Shake sprinkles evenly over the top.
- Let the mixture set for about 60 minutes, or until it has hardened.
- Break up and store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving Calories 399Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 10mgSodium 214mgCarbohydrates 59gFiber 1gSugar 39gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!