Peanut Butter Cup Blossom Cookies – take classic Christmas cookies to a whole new level and really impress! Peanut Butter Cups make these cookies over the top!
December is here. Christmas is right around the corner. You know what that means right? Cookies, and treats all month long! Ok, maybe there will be one or two that aren’t Christmas related, but the rest of the month will be getting you ready for the big day.
Today, I am helping out my good friend Roxana from, Roxana’s Home Baking with her 25 recipes to Christmas! I am super excited to be a part of this great group she has going.
I made an over the top, kicked up version of my favorite Christmas cookie. Trust me, these are worth breaking your diet for. One of my favorite Christmas cookies are peanut butter blossom cookies. But these are on a whole new level. If you like peanut butter, you will love these.
I may have a slight obsession with peanut butter. Reese’s Fudge is probably my ultimate weakness this time of year. But there is also something about a soft and chewy cookie. These Peanut Butter Cup Blossom cookies are the best when they are almost cool, but still hot enough to just barely melt the chocolate. Oh so good!
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbls milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 24 Peanut Butter Cup candies
- 1/4 cup sugar, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl for an electric mixer combine shortening and peanut butter. Mix until well blended.
- Add sugar and brown sugar, and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until everything just comes together
- Using about 2 tablespoons of dough form into balls. Roll the balls through the extra sugar. Place on a baking sheet. Gently press down slightly on the dough.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, and immediately place a peanut butter cup on top. Press gently until the cookie starts to crack.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Cookies and Cups
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 245 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 13mg Sodium 215mg Carbohydrates 26g Fiber 1g Sugar 16g Protein 5g