Chipotle Beef Tacos – Slow cooked sweet, smoky, and slightly spicy shredded beef that is perfect for tacos!
Taco night is one of the best nights of the week. And you can really make them with just about anything! You can make your traditional ground beef tacos that just uses regular Taco Seasoning. Or you can make Instant Pot Chicken Tacos with juicy, tender chicken.
But this Chipotle beef is a little sweet, a little spicy, with just a bit of smoky flavor. And it takes taco night to a whole new level! And the crock pot does all the work, so it is perfect for busy weeknights!
What You’ll Need
- Chuck Roast
- Chipotle in Adobo
- Pineapple Juice
- Tomato Paste
- Maple Syrup
- Salt & Pepper
Don’t worry, I get that this looks like a strange ingredient list. Maple syrup and tomato paste together? Trust me, it gives the beef such great flavor. It makes it sweet, spicy, and smoky; which is pretty ideal for taco night.
How To Make Chipotle Beef Tacos
These could not be easier to make! Even if you don’t think you know how to cook, you can make these and look like a total rock star!
- Add the chipotle in adobo, pineapple juice, maple syrup, tomato paste, salt and pepper to a blender or food processor.
- Process until the mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Place the chuck roast in the base of your crock pot and pour over the pineapple juice mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. You want the beef to be tender and able to break apart with a fork.
- Remove the meat from the crock pot and use 2 forks to shred. Add it bad to the liquid and toss it to coat well.
- Serve in tacos or however desired.
How To Serve Chipotle Beef
This is great to turn into tacos as shown, but you can really do anything with it.
- Use on Salads
- Air Fryer Quesadilla
- Wet Burrito
- Southwest Chicken Wrap (sub for the chicken)
- Sesame Beef Noodle Bowls
Can I Use An Instant Pot
Absolutely, it will be ready in a fraction amount of time. So if you don’t want to wait all day, you can use the exact same recipe in a pressure cooker. Cut the beef into 2 inch cubes, pour the liquid sauce mixture over the top and cook under high pressure for 45 minutes. Let it release for 10 minutes naturally, before quick releasing. Then shred the meat and use as desired.
More Tasty Dinner Recipes
- Chicken Stuffed Shells
- Chipotle Chicken Bowls
- Baja Shrimp Tacos
- Taco Spaghetti
- Arby’s Beef & Cheddar
- Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Oven Baked Ribs
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap
Slow cooker Chipotle-Maple Beef
- 3 chiles from a can of chipotle in adobo
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 4-5 pound boneless chuck roast
- Corn Tortillas
- Shredded Cabbage
- Diced Avocado
- Diced Tomato
- Other desired toppings
- In a blender or small food processor puree all of the ingredients for the roast (except the chuck roast).
- Place chuck roast in the slow cooker. Pour sauce over the top, turning to coat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10hours.
- Remove and shred using 2 forks. Place back in the liquid.
- Heat corn tortillas. Fill tortillas with a little shredded beef, and top with desired toppings.
Recipe from Everyday with Rachael Ray
Option - Beef is great served over mashed potatoes for night 1, and then use leftovers for these tacos
Amount Per Serving Calories 642Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 188mgSodium 648mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 2gSugar 14gProtein 57g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!