Spicy Honey Roasted Almonds – sweet and spicy roasted nuts that are great for snacking, topping of salads, or even giving as gifts!
I am always trying to find healthy snacks that you can just grab and go. Life is busy, so having something that you don’t feel guilty about at your finger tips is important!
Nuts are a great snack, but sometimes they can be boring. I love making homemade roasted nuts at home, you can flavor them however you want! These Rosemary Toasted Almonds are the best!
Almonds are a great snack. They are full of protein, and healthy fats. The pre-made mixes of mixed nuts or spiced nuts are so expensive. They are so easy to do at home, and I am sure they are much better for you.
How to make Honey Roasted Almonds
- In a saucepan melt the honey and cayenne together. You want to make sure the honey is warm, so it easily coats the nuts.
- Mix in the almonds until everything is well coated.
- Next you bake for about 10 minutes until the nuts are lightly toasted.
- After the nuts are toasted remove from the oven and let them cool for a couple minutes.
- Finally toss them with sugar and salt to give them that salt and sweet flavor!
- Allow the nuts to cool completely and then store in an air tight container.
I have been playing with different nuts, and slightly different combinations of my Indian Spiced Nuts lately, but wanted to try something new. My husband likes it spicy, so I thought it was the perfect time to try these. They are great mix of sweet and spicy.
These honey roasted almonds are great to serve as an appetizer or even on top of salads. They are sweet, salty, spicy, and completely addicting!
These really are super easy to throw together. There is about 5 minutes of hands on work, then bake them for 10, let them cool and you are done. Store them in an air tight container and you can snack on them any time!
The recipe can be doubled or tripled so you have a large container of them for the whole family to enjoy. So easy you will be making these all the time!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 2 1/2 cups almonds
- 1 Tbls sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- In a bowl (large enough for the almonds), mix together the sugar and salt. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pot, over medium low heat, melt the honey. Mix in the cayenne. Add the almonds, and stir to coat.
- Spread the nuts in a single layer, onto the lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven, allow the nuts to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the nuts to the sugar and salt mixture, and toss to coat.
- Pour the nuts back onto the baking sheet, spreading to a single layer. Allow them to cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container.
Adapted from Lemons & Anchovies
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.