Easy Homemade Crackers – make homemade crackers that are better than any store bought ones in just 5 minutes! it will take your cheese and crackers to a whole new level!
We are all snackers in this house. And the easier, more grab and go type of snack the better! So crackers are always on my grocery list. But it can be hard to find a good cracker, that you feel good about eating, which is why I love these homemade crackers!
You can switch up the flavor a million different ways to have them go with whatever you are serving. But I am partial to rosemary and olive oil with a little garlic in the background. It goes with just about anything and are down right addicting to just eat on their own.
What’s In Homemade Crackers
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
These are so simple to make, you will be making them over and over again. Another favorite flavor to make is sprinkle Everything But The Bagel Seasoning instead of rosemary and garlic.
How Do You Make Crackers From Scratch
Crackers are so much easier to make than you could ever imagine! Just a few simple steps and 5 minutes until they are in the oven baking to crispy perfection.
- In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt and herbs. I used rosemary for this recipe, but you can really use any herb you like or leave it out if you want a plain cracker.
- In a measuring cup mix together water and olive oil and add to the flour mixture.. Stir until it forms a smooth ball.
- Divide the dough in half and use your hands to press the dough onto a baking sheet. You want to get it nice and thin, the thinner you get the dough the crispier the crackers will be.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until they are crispy and golden. How long they take in the oven will depend on how thin or thick the dough is.
- Let them cool and then serve!
Cracker Recipe Variations
There are lots of ways that you can make these crackers your own.
- Skip the rosemary and sprinkle Everything But The Bagel seasoning over the top.
- Mix in cheese! A little bit of your favorite shredded cheese will turn these into great cheese crackers.
- Like things spicy? Add come cayenne pepper.
- Dried herbs – thyme, oregano, or basil would be great additions.
- Add coarse black pepper for a fun twist.
How To Store Homemade Crackers
Crackers are best stored in an air tight container. They will last for about a week in a plastic storage container.
You can make the dough ahead of time and freeze in a ball until you are ready to roll and bake it.
More Snack Recipes
- Cheddar Pretzels
- Restaurant Style Salsa
- Charcuterie Board
- Party Mix
- Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Ranch Oyster Crackers
- Chocolate Hummus
Rosemary Olive Oil Crackers
Easy Homemade Crackers - make homemade crackers that are better than any store bought ones in just 5 minutes! it will take your cheese and crackers to a whole new level!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray or line with a baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and rosemary.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup, combine water and olive oil. Stir into flour mixture until it forms a smooth ball.
- Divide dough in half. Using your hands, flatten the dough onto the cookie sheets. You want to get it as thin as possible.
- Lightly sprinkle garlic powder evenly over the dough.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice into squares.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Store in an air tight container.
Recipe from Diethood
Amount Per Serving Calories 130Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 0mgSodium 236mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 2g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Check out all of my E-books as well as branded merchandise HERE! Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- Special K Bars - March 27, 2023
- Beef Stroganoff - March 24, 2023
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
Jen at The Three Little Piglets says
I always love making bread when we have company for the same reason! Nobody can resist bread fresh out of the oven!
Katie @ ohshineon says
This recipe looks amazing and super easy. How many crackers did it make?
It made probably 60 crackers, depending on how big you wanted to cut them. I hope you enjoy them!
Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. says
I’m loving these crackers, Erin! The rosemary is a great touch!
Grubarazzi (@Grubarazzi) says
What a cool recipe!
This was super-simple and SO yummy! I cheated and rolled it out on parchment paper and it worked beautifully! Such a nice little addition to a big, steaming bowl of beef vegetable soup. Mmmm…..
So glad you liked them!!!
Making my own crackers is definitely on my list of things to eventually do! You did a great job with yours =)
Erin, the hubby and I both enjoyed these crackers for our movie night snack — they were so quick to make, too! Thanks for a great recipe!
My kids had a blast making these with me and everyone loved snacking on them! 🙂
This is easy and fun to make! I really enjoyed them. Highly recommended!
These crackers look so delicious and very tasty! I can’t wait to make these for get togethers and movie nights! Excited to make these tonight for our movie!
Randi Hofmann says
Can you add feta or goat cheese to this recipe and if so would I reduce the water in it?
Erin S says
I haven’t ever tried it, so I don’t know. I would start with a little less water and just add a little bit at a time until it forms a dough.