Photos for The Rice were updated 12/12/14
We have accepted an offer for our house! YEAH!!! Our house was on the market for 41 days, which seems like a lifetime to me, but the realtor keeps telling me it is super fast. The average days on market for our price range is 103, so I guess she is right. I am just so excited to be able to have an end date, and be able to move on with the next stage of our lives.
Now…. The Food!
I am struggling with what to call this post. This rice doesn’t really have a name. We just call it “The Rice”. It is a recipe my husband grew up with. It is super simple, but so good. It is fancy enough that we have made this many times while entertaining, or even with small holiday meals. But we also make it during the week too. Everyone loves it, and are amazed when they see the recipe. Aside from the baking time, it is super quick and easy to throw together. The first time I had this rice was when I was 15. My husband (then boyfriend) was helping me with math homework (he was a much smarter Senior boy). He was supposed to be making us frozen pizza for dinner. But instead he made Chicken and this Rice! I was blown away, and it was so good! Had to keep him around after that 🙂
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 1/4 cup butter, (1/2 stick)
- 1 can Condensed French Onion Soup
- 1 small can Mushroom, (you can saute fresh ones if you have them)
- 1 small can of Water, (I use the mushroom can)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add the rice. Cook the rice until lightly toasted, stirring frequently.
- Place rice into a casserole dish that has a cover. Pour in soup, mushrooms and water. Mix together. Cover and bake for about 45 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
Amount Per ServingCalories 216 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 28mg Sodium 200mg Carbohydrates 21g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 5g
Check out these other Rice Recipes
Ginger Rice from Just One Cookbook
Spanish Rice from Simply Recipes
Cilantro Lime Brown Rice from Cookin’ Canuck
Caribbean Rice from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Garliky Rice from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts