We leave for Japan tomorrow, I can’t believe it is finally here!! My brother comes tonight too! He is house-sitting for us while we are gone, which I am thrilled he is able to do. There are lots of last minute things to get done today. Which is the perfect segue into these shrimp tacos. They came together in about 20 minutes, so they are perfect for busy weeknights.
This is the second recipe I have come up with for the #KraftFreshTake Challenge. Kraft Fresh Take is a cheese and breadcrumb mix that is available in a variety of flavors. The first recipe I created was Spicy Chipotle French Toast. Today the challenge was to create something in less than 30 minutes, using only 4 ingredients. It took awhile for me to come up with something; every idea had 5 or 6 ingredients. Finally these tacos came to mind, and they really are a quick, easy, healthy, and tasty meal the whole family will love.
I picked a smaller shrimp for these tacos, so they would cook quickly, and be easy to eat. Feel free to use whatever size you have on hand, or is on sale at the store. Toss the shrimp in the Kraft Fresh Take Spicy Chipotle Cheddar, and bake for 10 minutes. Fold into a warm tortilla and top with guacamole for a quick and easy taco. The chipotle gives it a little kick, but not too much. My 7 year old doesn’t like any heat, and he ate 2 of these tacos. The cheddar and bread crumbs give a nice crunch to the shrimp, as well as lots of flavor so you don’t need a lot of other ingredients to make a satisfying meal.
Stay tuned in a couple weeks I will have my 3rd and final recipe with Kraft Fresh Take, and there will be a great giveaway that goes along with it! You can also check out #KraftFreshTake on Twitter to find more great recipe ideas.
- 12 oz small shrimp (peeled, deveined, and tails removed)
- 1 Kraft Fresh Take Spicy Chipotle Cheddar
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- Guacamole (your favorite store brand, or this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss shrimp in Kraft Fresh Take Chipotle Cheddar. Dump shrimp, and remaining seasoning into 13×9 inch baking dish. Spread into a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until shrimp are fully cooked.
- To serve place shrimp in a warm tortilla and top with guacamole
*This post is sponsored by Kraft. All opinions are 100% my own.