I am in a new group this month for Secret Recipe Club! It is exciting to have a new group of blogs to get to know. Today I was assigned Crumbs and Chaos. This blog is written by 4 sisters. Between them they have 11 children, and 1 more on the way. There are so many great recipes, I really did have a hard time picking what to make. I thought about Thin Mint Popcorn, Butterfinger Oreo Ice Cream Dessert, and Wonton Tacos.
In the end I had to go with these cookies. I have seen a few version of a Hot Chocolate Cookies, and have wanted to try them. Now that the mornings are a little cooler, it seemed like the right time. But what do you need with hot chocolate? Marshmallows! I have been wanting to use those new little marshmallow bits, and this was the perfect opportunity.
This is your basic chocolate chip cookie, with hot chocolate mixed in, and then for good measure some marshmallows. They are soft, extra chocolatey, and delicious. Definitely calls for a tall glass of milk. I gave one to my son when they were still warm, and he said “This is one of the reasons I love you, you are the best cookie baker”. So you know they must be good!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 package chocolate chips
- 3 (1 oz) packages hot chocolate mix
- ⅔ cup mini marshmallow bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl for an electric mixer cream together the butter, shortening, sugar and brown sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla, mix until well combined. Stir in flour, salt, baking soda, and hot chocolate mix. Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallow bits.
- Scoop balls of dough onto a baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for few minute before removing to a wire rack.