One Pan Garlic Chicken – chicken thighs and garlic come together for a super easy and delicious chicken dinner! A new go to chicken dinner recipe!
Back to reality. My son had spring break last week, so we drove down to Arizona for the week. My aunt and uncle rented a house down there for the winter, so we spent the week there enjoying the warm weather. We got to go to a few spring training baseball games, and just relax. My son got to play in the pool and spend time with his grandparents, who were also down there for the week. Usually on vacations we are busy and on the go the whole time. This trip we relaxed and just took it easy. Nice to come home and not feel like I need to sleep for 3 days to catch up!
Now that we are home, it is time to get cooking again. A week off always brings me back motivated and ready to get back to it. Even still, one pan meals are my thing. So this one pan garlic chicken is a must! Chicken dinners are a staple, every week, in pretty much every house across the country. But that doesn’t mean it has to be the same thing each week. This one pan garlic chicken will be something just a little different than your average meal, but uses staples you already have in the house.
I used chicken thighs to make this one pan garlic chicken. You can often find chicken thighs at the grocery store for super cheap. I always buy the boneless skinless ones, but for more flavor you can definitely leave the skin on. If chicken thighs aren’t your thing, that is fine! Use what you have. It looks like a ton of garlic in the recipe, but trust me use it all!! It is just flavoring the sauce, you don’t eat the actual pieces of it. I got this recipe from my dear friend Katerina over at Diethood. She is always cooking up the most amazing dinners, so go check her out. Trust me, you will fall in love.
One Pan Garlic Chicken - chicken thighs and garlic come together for a super easy and delicious chicken dinner!
5 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 3 Tbls olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (8 oz) package button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head of garlic, cloves peeled and crushed
- 1 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbls fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add chicken to hot pan. Brown on both sides for 4-5 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan, and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add mushrooms and garlic cloves to the pan. Stir until golden, but do not burn.
- Slowly pour wine into the pan, stir in chopped parsley and rosemary.
- Add chicken back to the pan and cook for 15 minutes (turning chicken 1/2 way thru), until the chicken is cooked.
- In a small bowl whisk together water and cornstarch. Add to the pan, and bring to a boil. Cook until the sauce has thicken.
- Remove from the pan and pour sauce over the chicken to serve.
Slightly adapted from Diethood http://diethood.com/garlic-sauce-chicken/
Want more easy dinner recipes?
Products I used to make this recipe: