Braunschweiger Dip – Turn braunschweiger into a creamy dip that is great on crackers or bread and perfect for the center of your holiday spread.
If you are from the Mid-West than you probably grew up with Braunscheiger as part of your holidays. My grandpa used to actually just take slices of braunschweiger and put it on bread as a sandwich!
Then I met my husband and his mom makes this dip every year at the holidays, and the family just goes crazy for it!
What Is Braunschweiger
Braunschweiger is Liverwurst or a type of sausage. It is a German sausage that is made with pork liver, salt, beef, onions and spices. It is a soft, creamy, spreadable sausage that is a little peppery in flavor.
How To Eat Braunschweiger
You can just slice oft pieces to eat or put on bread to eat as a sandwich. Or it makes a great dip that you can put on crackers when you mix with cream cheese and a few other ingredients.
What’s In Braunschweiger Dip
- Cream Cheese
- Worcestershire Sauce
How To Make Braunschweiger Dip
This is one of the easiest dips there is to make! It does make a lot, but it lasts in the fridge for a couple of weeks, so don’t worry.
- It is best to soften the cream cheese and braunschweiger so that you can mix them easily.
- Depending on how your braunschweiger is packaged, make sure to remove the outside wrap. It is almost like a casing, but not quite. Either way, you don’t want to eat it.
- Next just mix everything together until it is smooth. You can use a mixer or a spatula, either works just find.
- Store in an air tight container for 24 hours before serving for the most flavor to develop.
More Great Appetizer Recipes
- Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
- Refried Bean Dip
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip
- Baked Goat Cheese Dip
- 1 pound Braunschweiger
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Bring Braunschweiger and cream cheese to room temperature.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours for best flavor.
- Serve with crackers.
Amount Per Serving Calories 133Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 41mgSodium 281mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!