Braunschweiger Dip – Turn braunschweiger into a creamy dip that is great on crackers or bread and perfect for the center of your holiday spread.
If you are from the Mid-West than you probably grew up with Braunscheiger as part of your holidays. My grandpa used to actually just take slices of braunschweiger and put it on bread as a sandwich!
Then I met my husband and his mom makes this dip every year at the holidays, and the family just goes crazy for it!
What Is Braunschweiger
Braunschweiger is Liverwurst or a type of sausage. It is a German sausage that is made with pork liver, salt, beef, onions and spices. It is a soft, creamy, spreadable sausage that is a little peppery in flavor.
How To Eat Braunschweiger
You can just slice oft pieces to eat or put on bread to eat as a sandwich. Or it makes a great dip that you can put on crackers when you mix with cream cheese and a few other ingredients.
What’s In Braunschweiger Dip
- Cream Cheese
- Worcestershire Sauce
How To Make Braunschweiger Dip
This is one of the easiest dips there is to make! It does make a lot, but it lasts in the fridge for a couple of weeks, so don’t worry.
- It is best to soften the cream cheese and braunschweiger so that you can mix them easily.
- Depending on how your braunschweiger is packaged, make sure to remove the outside wrap. It is almost like a casing, but not quite. Either way, you don’t want to eat it.
- Next just mix everything together until it is smooth. You can use a mixer or a spatula, either works just find.
- Store in an air tight container for 24 hours before serving for the most flavor to develop.
More Great Appetizer Recipes
- Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
- Refried Bean Dip
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip
- Baked Goat Cheese Dip
- 1 pound Braunschweiger
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Bring Braunschweiger and cream cheese to room temperature.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours for best flavor.
- Serve with crackers.
Amount Per Serving Calories 133Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 41mgSodium 281mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!