Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce – tender chicken meatballs flavored with cilantro and garlic topped with a peanut sauce and chopped peanuts. Great as an appetizer or main course.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup onion, grated
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbls canola oil
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbls soy sauce
- 3 Tbls sugar
- 2 Tbls sesame oil
- peanuts for garnish
- Mix chicken, cilantro, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Roll into about 1 inch balls.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the meatballs until they are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- While they are cooking, you can make the sauce. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl. Microwave for few seconds to get it warm. Stir together.
- Toss the meatballs with half of the sauce, reserving the other ½ for dipping. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray
Amount Per Serving Calories 485Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 121mgSodium 1234mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 32g