Peanut Butter Cream Pie – A no bake peanut butter pie that is creamy and perfect for just about any occasion. It is topped with whipped cream and peanut butter cups for the ultimate dessert.
Peanut Butter Cream Pie has long been a favorite of my husband. If we go out to a restaurant that has this kind of pie, it is the one he orders. It is about the only time in his life that having chocolate is acceptable.
This is one of the absolute first recipes that I shared when I started blogging. It has been a staple in our house since we first got married. Similar to like Pokey Sticks, it is just one of those recipes that is on repeat and won’t stop!
This no bake peanut butter pie starts with a graham cracker crust. There is just something about a homemade graham cracker crust that gets me, so I always make my own. The hardest part is crushing the graham crackers! But if you wanted to go truly no bake, and use store bought, then go for it! As you can see, I have also made this easy peanut butter pie with an Oreo crust for the true chocolate lovers out there!
What You’ll Need
- Graham Crackers
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Cool Whip
- Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Heavy Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
If you have a Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce you like this is the perfect time to use it! The recipe calls for making your own graham cracker crust, but you can easily use a store bought crust if desired.
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- You can easily buy a store bought crust, but it is really easy to make your own. All you do is mix the graham cracker crumbs, with a little sugar and melted butter. Then press into your pie plate. You can freeze the crust, but I do like to bake it so it gets crispy and really stands up to the pie.
- Use your favorite hot fudge or chocolate sauce to spread over the crust. This gives you the chocolate to go with the creamy peanut butter filling.
- To make the filling start by whisking together the milk and peanut butter. It will not get completely smooth, just get it mostly combined.
- Add in the vanilla pudding mix and beat for about 2 minutes. The mixture will be very thick.
- Next fold in the whipped topping and chopped peanut butter cups until well combined. Pour into pie crust and set in the fridge while you make the topping.
- The fresh whipped cream on top is made by whisking together heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until you have stiff peaks. Then spread over the pie and let it sit in the fridge for 3-4 hours until it is completely set.
- It is all topped off with fresh homemade whipped cream that brings it all together.
I like to add more peanut butter cups on top to decorate, but those are completely optional! If you have extra whipped cream you can put it in a pipping bag and decorate the edges as well. This is definitely an extra step that is completely optional.
This Reese’s peanut butter pie recipe is super easy to make and it always disappears. It is requested for birthdays, holidays, at parties, and even just because by almost everyone who tries it. I love that it is no bake and I can make it ahead of time! You could even freezer this pie to make it easier to serve and super thick and creamy.
If you have family or friends who love peanut butter, this is the dessert for them! And don’t miss all the other Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Desserts you could make as well.
What Can I Use Instead Of Cool Whip
I get it, not everyone likes Cool Whip. I personally love it, and it is so easy to use in the filling of this pie. But you can definitely use homemade whipped cream if you prefer. I like homemade whipped cream for the topping of this pie, so you can double the amount you are making and use half in the pie, and half on top.
You will need a TOTAL of 2 cups heavy cream, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Just follow the recipe instructions to make it.
This pie is great to make ahead, because you need at least 4 hours to let the pie set up completely, or it will be a mess to cut. After you serve the pie if there are leftovers, cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
More No Bake Desserts To Try
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Lasagna
- No Bake Monster Cookie Bars
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- No Bake Jello Pie
- Kool Aid-Pie
- Oreo Cream Squares
- Mint Chocolate Chip Pie
- Peanut Butter Krispie Treats
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup cold milk
- 2 (3.4 oz) packages vanilla flavor instant pudding
- 1/2 tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/2 cup mini Reese's peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Mini Reese's peanut butter cups for decoration
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
Prepare Pie Crust
- Mix sugar with crushed crackers. Stir in melted butter. Pour into pie plate. Press firmly against sides and bottom.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely.
Make Pie Filling
- Spoon the hot fudge into the bottom of the crust, spread in an even layer. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Beat peanut butter and milk with whisk until well blended.
- Add the pudding mixes, and beat for about 2 minutes. The mixture will be thick.
- Gently stir in the cool whip, and the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Spoon over the chocolate layer. Put in the fridge to set.
- Using an electric stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla, and continue whisking until stiff peaks.
- Gently spread over the peanut butter layer.
- Garnish with additional peanut butter cups.
- Let set in the fridge for 3 hours before serving.
Substitutions - Use Oreo's instead of Graham Crackers for your crust.
**Can use a store bought crust in place of homemade
Can Use 1 1/2 cup fresh homemade whipped cream in place of Cool Whip in the filling.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 570Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 47mgSodium 324mgCarbohydrates 75gFiber 2gSugar 56gProtein 8g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!