Coconut White Chocolate Blondies
Coconut White Chocolate Blondies – traditional blondies loaded with lots of white chocolate chips, sprinkles, and made with coconut oil. Rich, almost fudgy, and delicious!
Before I started blogging I had never really heard of blondies before. I grew up in a house where chocolate desserts were the only thing we had. Chocolate Sheet Cake was a staple. It was always chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for birthdays. With the exception of my Chocolate Cream Cake. But that was met with some complaints by my dad.
So when I met my husband who doesn’t like chocolate, I was kind of at a loss. The only chocolate dessert I can get him to eat is Caramel Layer Bars, because of the gooey caramel layer. But he is more of a Cream Puff kind of guy. That is until I introduced him to blondies.
I don’t bake with coconut oil often, but when I do it is always really good. So I am not sure why I don’t do it more. Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies pretty much rival any cookies I have ever made. So replacing the butter in blondies with coconut oil seemed like a great idea!
The coconut oil definitely flavors these coconut white chocolate blondies. So they don’t have the same buttery flavors as you may be used to, but they are delicious! So if you are looking for a dessert to make for a get together, or just because these should be it! Plus, sprinkles are just fun and make life better!
Have you tried blondies before? Want even more to try?
Oreo Cookie Dough Blondies
Raspberry Armaretto Cheesecake Skillet Blondie by Lemons for Lulu
Small Batch Skillet Blondies for Two by Crazy for Crust
Some of my favorite kitchen items used to make this recipe
- Mixing Bowls: I love having a variety of sizes of mixing bowls. From small to large, I find that having at least 3 bowls of different sizes has been an essential in my kitchen. I prefer Pyrex because of the durability.
- 8 inch baking pan – a metal, non stick baking pan is essential for baking brownies and bars. Love this one, and it cleans up super easy.
- Rubber Spatula – Nothing like being able to scrape any type of bowl clean without scratching it up. Don’t forget one of these babies to get every last bit out of your bowl.
- Measuring Cups – nothing beats a good set of measuring cups that last a long time. I love metal measuring cups because of their durability.
Coconut White Chocolate Blondies - traditional blondies loaded with lots of white chocolate chips, sprinkles, and made with coconut oil. Rich, almost fudgey, and delicious!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 8×8 pan.
Blend coconut oil and brown sugar together until smooth. Stir in egg and vanilla. Add flour and salt, mix until combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips and sprinkles.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until it is set, and slightly browned. Cool completely before cutting.