Homemade Chicken Nuggets – make a grown up version of a childhood favorite at home with these homemade chicken nuggets. Baked, perfectly crispy, and ready in minutes!
What was your favorite thing to eat when you were a kid? For me, I think it was chicken nuggets. Every time we would go out, I would want to order whatever chicken nugget variation was on the menu. My son definitely followed in my footsteps when he was little. Not as much anymore, unless they are homemade chicken nuggets.
I first shared this recipe almost 6 years ago when I first started blogging. It was one of the first recipes I was able to get my son in the kitchen and have him help me make. He loved using the little tongs and dipping the chicken in each of the bowls. To this day, if I get out the ingredients for homemade chicken nuggets, he still wants to help.
I have made quite a few chicken recipes over the years. Cheddar Bacon Chicken Tenders are very similar to these grown up nuggets, but they are obviously coated in cheese and bacon! So good! Ranch Cheddar Chicken is another favorite, because my guys are kind of obsessed with all things ranch.
To make these grown up nuggets you can use whatever shape of chicken you like. I had chicken breasts, that I cut into bite sized pieces. But tenderloins would work, or even cutlets. Totally up to you. I like a combination of seasoned breadcrumbs and panko bread crumbs to get the crispiest chicken. You know what would make a great dipping sauce for these? Canes Sauce! Have you ever been to a Raising Cane’s? They have the best chicken and the best sauce!
The other trip to getting crispy chicken is cooking it at a high heat. Especially when the pieces are small, you want to get cook the toast the breading quickly, so you don’t overcook the chicken itself. Serve these homemade chicken nuggets with your favorite dipping sauce and maybe Roasted Brussels Sprouts for a complete dinner!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Italian panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 Tbls water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place a wire rack over the baking sheet. Set aside.
- Set up 3 shallow bowls. 1 bowl with flour, 1 bowl with an egg white and water beaten until frothy, and 1 bowl with breadcrumbs and panko breadcrumbs mix together.
- Dredge pieces of chicken into the flour, shake of any access. Tip into the egg mixture, and then coat well with the breadcrumbs. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Spray chicken with non-stick spray to help get it crispier
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on the size of your pieces of chicken.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 387Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 101mgSodium 415mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 39g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.