Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup – tender beef and vegetables in a hearty and easy to make soup that the whole family will love!
When I was growing up we didn’t have a lot of soup in our house. For whatever reason it wasn’t something that my dad every enjoyed. But if you made Vegetable Beef Soup or the classic Beef Stew, he was fully on board with those.
The thing that I love most about this beef soup in the Instant Pot is that you really can add whatever vegetables your family enjoys the most. You could stir in frozen peas at the end, or include celery, squash or even mushrooms. It really is a versatile soup to use up whatever you have on hand.
What’s In Vegetable Beef Soup
You really can add whatever other veggies that you like, but there is how it was made in my family growing up.
- Chuck Roast or Stew Meat
- Vegetable Oil
- Tomato Paste
- Beef Broth
- Green Beans
- Yukon Potato
- Corn Kernels
- Bay Leaf
- Dried Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
Traditional vegetable beef soup can take hours to cook on the stove top, so this Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup is great, because you can make it even on busy weeknights. It cooks for just 10 minutes under pressure, so you can have it on the table in under 45 minutes.
Chuck roast or stew meat, whichever you use in this recipe is a low and slow type of meat. Which is why it normally takes so long to cook. The Instant Pot does an amazing job of making the meat tender in such a short about of time.
How to Make Vegetable Beef Soup In The Instant Pot
- Season the beef with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Turn on the Instant Pot to Saute and add the oil. Once it is hot add the beef and brown on all sides.
- Once the beef is browned stir in the tomato paste and let it cook for a minute or two.
- Dump everything, but the parsley into the pot and stir it together.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, lock it in place with the vent closed, and cook under high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once it is done cooking, use the quick release method to remove the lid.
- Stir the soup and adjust the salt and pepper to taste. If you want your soup thicker turn the Instant Pot to Saute and mix in the cornstarch and water mixture and let it cook for a few minutes.
- You can serve the soup with a little fresh parsley on top.
Can You Freeze Vegetable Beef Soup
Yep, you absolutely can freeze this soup. Just let it cool completely and then place in an air tight container or even a freezer safe storage bag. Then freezer for 4-5 months.
When you want to thaw the soup, place it in the fridge over night to thaw. Then reheat in a saucepan over medium heat until everything is heated through.
How Can I Thicken Vegetable Beef Soup
If after the soup has cooked, it is too thin, set Instant Pot on Saute and mix together 2 Tbsp cornstarch with 2 Tbsp of water and add to the pot. Let it simmer for just a few minutes until it starts to thicken.
This vegetable beef soup in the instant pot will surely become a family favorite. It is a great soup for a cold night, and the perfect use for all those little bits of vegetables in your fridge or freezer.
What To Serve with Vegetable Beef Soup
More Comforting Soup Recipes
- Cabbage Roll Soup
- Crock Pot Chili
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Instant Pot Tortilla Soup
- Split Pea with Ham Soup
- Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
- Beef Barley Soup
- 1 pound chuck roast, cut into cubes or stew meat
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 large Yukon potato, peeled and cubed (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn Instant Pot onto the Saute setting. Season beef with salt and pepper. Add oil to the pot, and once it is hot add the beef. Cook for a few minutes on each side until it is browned.
- Stir in tomato paste and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add everything but the parsley to the pot. Put the lid on, make sure it is locked and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Use the quick release method to remove the lid.
- Stir and adjust the salt and pepper to taste and remove the bay leaf. If it is too thin, set Instant Pot on Saute and mix together 2 Tbsp cornstarch with 2 Tbsp of water and add to the pot. Let it cook for a few minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Top with parsley to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 389Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 92mgSodium 878mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 4gSugar 5gProtein 34g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!