Make Ahead Potato and Sausage Egg Bake – a super easy make ahead egg bake made with hash browns, sausage, green peppers, and lots of cheese! Perfect for brunch or when you have a house full of people!
This is the last week of school before my son has his holiday break. So much to do!! Speaking of my son, I got an email from him this morning. I still can’t get used to him having his own email address and him sending me emails. Anyway, he has been working with a couple of the teachers to try to get someone from the school district to be announcers at their school spelling bee. He was one of only two 4th graders who made the spelling bee last year. So he actually has experience to help this cause. The email he sent me this morning was that he heard back from the district, and they would like him to contact the mayor and a city council member. So he was working on writing that letter. Pretty proud mom to think he was the one picked from his grade to do this!
So when you have a house full of people, what do you feed them for breakfast? I love a make ahead egg bake, because they are so easy, feed a ton of people, and all of the work can be done ahead of time. This version is a potato and sausage egg bake, so the base is a bag of frozen hash browns. You just need to brown the sausage and green peppers together, and then assemble everything in a baking dish. It sits in the fridge over night, and you just have to pop it in the oven the next day.
I made this potato and sausage egg bake when my family was all here for Thanksgiving. It was nice to have breakfast ready when everyone woke up. If there are any leftovers, you can just reheat the next day. Top with salsa to give it a little kick. I used Jones Dairy Farm breakfast sausage roll for this make ahead egg bake. I love their sausage because it has just 4 ingredients and is all natural. So often sausage has so many ingredients that you can’t pronounce, it is nice to actually know what you are eating!
Sharing this recipe for Make Ahead Egg Bake over at the Jones Dairy Farm website today!
- 12 oz Jones Dairy Sausage Roll
- 1 bag frozen hash browns , thawed
- 1 cup onion , diced
- 1 green bell pepper , diced
- 10 eggs
- 1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese , shredded
- In a large skillet brown sausage, breaking into small pieces. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook until sausage is done and the veggies are tender.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs and evaporated milk. Add salt and pepper, and stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- Spread the hash browns in a 13x9 in baking pan. Top with sausage mixture. Pour egg mixture evenly over the top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover the pan with foil.
- Bake immediately at 350 for 30-45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 5 minute until golden and bubbly. Or place in fridge overnight, and bake for 60 minutes in the morning, removing the foil for the last 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 307Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 221mgSodium 620mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 15g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.