This quick and refreshing Strawberry Agua Fresca is about to make your summertime way cooler! Sweetened with real sugar and flavored with fresh lime, this classic drink will be a seasonal favorite for all ages and occasions.
I’d never made strawberries into a drink before making this agua fresca, and I’m so glad I decided to give it a try. It’s the most delicious and refreshing drink you can imagine and an ideal way to stay hydrated during those hot summer months. This was originally one of the very first recipes I shared on this site back in 2011. Needless to say, this has become a staple every strawberry season since!
If you like this fresh and healthy alternative to soda, you’ve also got to try my fresh and fruity Peach Lemonade. Or, if you prefer a little fizz in your summer beverage, you can use sparkling water in this agua fresca, or try making mouthwatering Watermelon Soda.
Why You’ll Love Strawberry Agua Fresca
- It’s quick and easy to make, so you can make a big batch and go enjoy more time outside!
- Making this drink at home gives you total control over the sweetness, and you’ll know there are no additives like corn syrup.
- Lime juice adds the perfect hint of tartness that complements the sweet strawberries.
- It’s easy to switch up the flavors by adding other fruits, berries, or herbs like mint. It can also be used in cocktails.
- It’s an excellent non-alcoholic beverage option for adults and kids alike.
What You’ll Need
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Strawberries – You’ll need fresh strawberries for this recipe, sliced or quartered.
- Lime – Fresh lime will provide the best flavor in this recipe.
- Sugar – Use white sugar or evaporated cane juice.
- Cold Water – For instant drinkability, use very cold water for this recipe.
How To Make Strawberry Agua Fresca
- Blend and strain the strawberries. Puree the strawberries in a food processor or blender, then strain them through a mesh strainer to remove the seeds.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Pour the strained puree into a pitcher, then stir in the water, lime juice, and sugar until well dissolved.
- Serve. Serve the agua fresca over ice and garnish with a slice of lime.
Recipe Tips & Variations
- Make it pretty. Garnish your strawberry agua fresca with mint leaves, basil leaves, a slice of lime, or a couple of strawberry slices.
- Muddle it with herbs. For a tasty mocktail twist, muddle a few leaves of fresh basil or mint in the bottom of the pitcher before pouring in the agua fresca.
- Wash your berries thoroughly. Wash the strawberries well by swirling them around in a big bowl of water before hulling them.
- Use a blender for the smoothest consistency. While a food processor can work, using a blender will create a smoother consistency for your agua fresca.
- Make it sparkly. Substitute cold water with sparkling water for a bubblier drink.
Strawberry agua fresca is perfect for making popsicles. Just pour it into popsicle molds and freeze it for an ultra-refreshing frozen treat.
While it won’t taste quite the same, if you don’t have lime, lemon juice can be used in a pinch. It will have more of a strawberry lemonade flavor.
Yes, feel free to try different sweeteners in this recipe. For a sugar-free option, try monk fruit extract or stevia (sweeten it to taste). For a vegan-friendly substitute, use agave nectar.
- Baja Shrimp Tacos – These fresh shrimp tacos with creamy chipotle sauce go perfectly with a tall glass of strawberry agua fresca!
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas – Wash down these spicy chicken quesadillas with agua fresca for the perfect beach-worthy summer meal.
- Guacamole – Chips, guacamole, and strawberry agua fresca are a great way to get taco Tuesday going.
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob – Enjoy the harvest of summer with fresh corn on the cob and sweet agua fresca.
- Easy Chicken Fajitas – Serve these hot and spicy chicken fajitas with your favorite toppings and agua fresca for a satisfying weeknight dinner.
More Refreshing Summer Drink Recipes
- Raspberry Lemonade
- Sparkling Berry Lemonade
- Watermelon Margarita
- Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
- Hawaiian Punch
- Easy Frozen Punch
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- Add strawberries to a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth. Pour through a mesh strainer to remove the seeds.
- Pour the strained puree into a pitcher, then stir in the water, lime juice, and sugar until well dissolved.
- Serve the agua fresca over ice and garnish with a slice of lime.
See notes in the post for sugar options
Amount Per Serving Calories 87Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 7mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 2gSugar 18gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!