I have been holding out on your for awhile with this recipe. I am sorry! I don’t know why I haven’t shared it sooner. Hopefully you will love it, and just forget that I made it for the Superbowl, and am sharing it with you a month later. Crab Rangoon dip would make a great addition to your Easter appetizers, or your weekend snacking, or even Friday night dinner….you pick!
I had this great idea to make the filling of a crab rangoon into a dip. Then I googled it, and found it had already been done. Lots of times. That will teach me to ever google my brilliant ideas! My good friend Cassie made it last year, and I completely missed it. I have never been steered wrong with her recipes, so I figured I would use hers and go for it.
This was a hit at the Superbowl. I am probably in trouble with someone that I have waited so long to share this recipe, he was kind of in love with this stuff. It was super easy to make. In the morning I mixed everything together, and put it in the fridge. Then a couple hours before the party started, I put it in the crock pot to get warm. I even went all out and fried wonton strips for the full experience. These are addicting on their own, I couldn’t stay out of them! Trust me, you can’t go wrong with this Crab Rangoon Dip for any occasion. I wonder if I need to have some of this stocked in the fridge for when my brother house sits for us next week?
- 8 oz cream cheese (1/3 less fat)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 (6oz) can lump crab meat, drained
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers , cut into strips
- Canola Oil for frying
- In a bowl mix all of the ingredients together for the dip.
- Heat in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, or put in a small crock pot over low heat for 2 hours.
- In a large pot, pour in 2 inches of canola oil. Heat over medium high heat, until about 375 degrees.
- Working in small batches place strips of wontons into the pot. Cook for about 1 minute, turn them and cook for another 1 minute, or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack to drain and cool before serving.