It seems like forever since I have posted a cookie recipe for you. Taking a quick peek at the archives and it looks like The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie was the last real cookie I shared, and that was back in May! One should never go that long without cookies, I apologize! But I am here today to make it up to you.
Pudding cookies are kind of magic. If you have never tried it, you really need to. You can add any flavor pudding you like to a cookie (it will taste like that flavor), and it leads to thick, chewy, and super soft cookies. Remember the Butterscotch pudding cookies? Loved those! Well this time I went the chocolate route. And I have been having a serious chocolate and caramel craving lately, so I picked up some mini Rolo’s to throw in the mix.
I made these cookies for part of OXO’s Bake a Difference with #OXOGoodCookie. During the month of September, OXO will be donating $100 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer for each blog post that is dedicated to this campaign. For every specially marked item sold, OXO will donate 25 cents in support of pediatric cancer research as part of its $100,000* pledge to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. (Look for specially marked OXO products at participating retailers.)
- 1 cup butter, , softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package chocolate pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 21/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Rolo candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with silpat liner parchment paper.
- In the bowl for an electric mixer cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla, mix until well combined. In a separate bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to the dough. Once just combined, use a spatula to fold in the chips and chopped Rolo candies.
- Let dough sit in the fridge for 30 minutes before baking.
- Scoop small balls of dough onto the baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes, or until the edge are golden. Remover from the oven, and let sit for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container.
Amount Per ServingCalories 201Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 25mgSodium 174mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 1gSugar 14gProtein 3g
*In 2013, OXO will donate up to $100,000 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer through specially marked baking tools, bake sale matches and other fundraising efforts. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is a recognized 501c(3) public charity duly incorporated under the laws of the state of New Jersey. Your donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law. 100% of proceeds raised by Cookies for Kids’ Cancer fund pediatric cancer research
**I was not compensated for this post. I just think it Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is a good cause, and wanted to support it. All opinions are 100% my own.