If your house is anything like mine, you are still knee deep in Halloween candy. I let my son have one piece of candy in his lunch, and then if he is lucky he can have another piece after dinner. Needless to say, it lasts a really long time around here.
This bread is perfect for those leftover Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. If you haven’t stashed them away for yourself, that is. Or maybe that is just me The bread also uses up those browning bananas you have on the counter or stashed in your freezer. See, I am here to help! And because it is me, and I don’t know when to stop I added a layer of Nutella on top. Jean made this Nutella Banana Bread, and I just couldn’t get it out of my mind.
I am not usually a big fan of plain banana bread. There is just too much banana flavor. I realize that doesn’t make much sense. I like bananas, but only every once in awhile. So when I saw this recipe that added peanut butter to the batter I was exited to give it a try. There is still a hint of banana in the background, but the peanut butter really shines through. And then every once in awhile you get a bite with a peanut butter cup, and you are in heaven!
- 3 medium over ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 oz bag of Reese’s Mini cups (or 1 cup chopped Peanut Butter Cups)
- ¼ cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8x4 inch loaf pan liberally with non stick spray.
- Whisk together your flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl mix together bananas, peanut butter, canola oil, egg, sugar and brown sugar. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix. Fold in the peanut butter cups.
- Spread the batter into your prepared pan. Drop spoonfuls of Nutella across the top, and swirl into the batter. Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Remove and place on a wire rack to cool. After 20 minutes, you can remove from pan, and place directly on the wire rack to cool completely.