Lemon Shrimp and Grits – a light and delicious lemony shrimp served over butter-y and cheesy grits. A quick and easy meal you can make in minutes!
Shrimp has to be one of my favorite quick and easy proteins to use. You can flavor it almost any way you want, it cooks in about 5 minutes, and is pretty darn good for you!
This pairs a couple of my favorite things….Lemon Garlic Shrimp and grits! The grits are seasoned with Parmesan cheese, so not super cheesy, but very flavorful and delicious.
Anytime you can get dinner on the table in about 20 minutes I am happy. And this one accomplishes just that. You will love the bright fresh flavors, little prep work, and even on a busy night you can have a comforting meal around the table.
What You’ll Need
- Large Shrimp
- Instant Grits
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cayenne Pepper
How To Make Lemon Shrimp & Grits
- First thing to do is start your grits. Instant grits cook in no time. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Slowly whisk in the grits, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, and cook until thickened (about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally. Add the Parmesan cheese, 1 Tbsp butter, and stir until the butter is melted. Keep it covered so it stays warm while you finish the shrimp.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, garlic, and cayenne pepper. Cook until the shrimp are pink, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat, and stir in the 2 Tbsp water, lemon juice, and parsley. Toss well to completely coat the shrimp. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve divide the grits among 4 plates, top with shrimp, and sauce. Sprinkle with a little chopped parsley, and garnish with lemon wedges.
Shrimp is really best served the day it is made. You can go from tender juicy shrimp to rubbery over cooked shrimp in just minutes. It can be reheated in the microwave if you do have leftovers, just know it won’t be quite the same as it was the first night.
What Goes With Lemon Shrimp & Grits
More Easy Shrimp Dinner Recipes
- Air Fryer Shrimp
- Shrimp Summer Rolls
- Coconut Shrimp
- Baja Shrimp Tacos
- Spicy Garlic Shrimp
- Shrimp Tostadas
- Shrimp & Grits
- 3/4 cup instant grits
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- lemon wedges, optional garnish
- Bring water to a boil over high heat. Slowly whisk in the grits, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, and cook until thickened (about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Add Parmesan cheese, 1 Tbsp butter, and stir until combined. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, garlic, and cayenne. Cook until shrimp are pink, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add 2 Tbsp water, lemon juice, and parsley. Toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve divide the grits among 4 plates, top with shrimp, and sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, and garnish with lemon wedges.
Adapted from Food Network Magazine
Amount Per Serving Calories 305Saturated Fat 5gCholesterol 305mgSodium 1936mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gProtein 28g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!