Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, fluffy, and full of chocolate and peanut butter! These are the thickest and softest cookies ever!
Peanut butter and chocolate together just might be my favorite flavor combination. It is just so good! These Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies are high up on the list of favorites as well.
I love baking cookies and this Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is usually my go to. When it comes to cookies I want them to be thick, soft and chewy. And those come out perfect every time.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Well, these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies just might be the thickest and softest cookies I have ever tried! They are so decadent and delicious! These aren’t your average peanut butter cookies that just have chocolate chips in them. They are more like a chocolate chip cookie that has peanut butter in it.
What You’ll Need
- Unsalted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- All-Purpose Flour
- Milk Chocolate Chips
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Start by creaming the butter, both sugars and peanut butter together. It will get nice and creamy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix it until everything is combined.
- Next you stir in the flour, baking soda and salt. You want to mix until the flour is just mixed into the dough.
- Finally add in the chocolate chips. Here I like to use milk chocolate, but you really can use whatever variety you like.
- Scoop the balls of dough onto a baking sheet and then they are ready for the oven.
- You will want to gently press down the balls of dough before you bake. These cookies do not spread very much at all, so unless you want them super thick, gently press down before putting the tray in the oven.
- No need to chill the dough for these. If you want to you can, but they bake up absolutely perfect without any chilling!
- Want the prettiest cookies? Once you scoop balls of dough onto a baking sheet, press in a few chocolate chips into the top. They will bake up and look professional and absolutely perfect!
- You can use crunchy peanut butter if you want more texture to your cookies.
- I like milk chocolate chip for this recipe because of the classic chocolate and peanut butter combination. But you can definitely use semi-sweet or even dark chocolate if you prefer.
These are going to be some of the softest cookies ever. And they are down right addicting! These cookies are perfectly thick, chewy, fluffy, and definitely worthy of a tall glass of milk! If you are a fan of peanut butter and chocolate together, you are going to want to add these to your baking list.
Do You Need To Chill The Dough Before Baking
Nope, with these cookies you definitely can skip that step. That being said, if you want to make them dough ahead of time, it will be fine sitting in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking.
Can you Freeze Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yes, most definitely! Once the cookies are fully cooled you can place them in an air tight container and store in the freezer for a couple months.
Or you can freezer the dough, so you can bake them fresh. Scoop balls of dough and place on a baking tray. Let them sit in the freezer for 1-2 hours until they balls of dough are solid, then put in a food storage bag and put in the freezer. Then you can just bake a couple cookies at a time when cravings strike or a whole tray if guests show up. Then you have warm and gooey cookies at any time.
What Kind Of Peanut Butter Do I Use
You really want to use the normal commercial peanut butter for the best results. Something like Skippy or Jif brand will give you the best cookies. Will it work with a natural peanut butter? Yes, but they won’t hold together quite as well, be as thick or as soft.
This peanut butter cookie recipe is based on these Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies that have proven to be very popular around here. I love my cookies to be soft and chewy, and these peanut butter cookies are exactly that.
If you are looking for a different dessert to make, then these cookies are a must make. I have been asked for the recipe every time I share them with people. Just beware, it is hard to eat just one!
Craving more Chocolate & Peanut Butter
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownies – a layer of edible peanut butter cookie dough with fudgy brownies!
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake – so creamy and delicious
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats – peanut butter cups, peanut butter and krispie treats together
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie – a pie that tastes like a giant peanut butter cup
- Peanut Butter Cup Dump Cake – dump cakes are so easy and then you add peanut butter cups!
Even more Dessert Recipes will love
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 whole large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 oz bag milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter until it is light and fluffy.
- Once well combined add eggs and vanilla and beat until the eggs are fully incorporated.
- Slowly add in flour, salt, and baking soda, until the flour is just mixed in.
- Fold in chocolate chips until evenly combined.
- Scoop round balls onto cookie sheet. Slightly flatten the cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the edges are set, and the tops of the cookies appear dry.
- Remove and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Move cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving Calories 204Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 23mgSodium 145mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 1gSugar 16gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!