Baked Chicken Taquitos – Fill tortillas with chicken and whatever else you like, then bake them to crispy perfection! Serve with salsa or guacamole for dipping. Great use for leftover chicken!
Today is an important day for two reasons. First, it is my baby’s birthday!!! I now have an 8 year old! I can not believe how quickly he has grown up, and what a wonderful kid he is turning into. He is smart, funny, creative, and super into sports. He has his party with friends tomorrow night, and guess what they are doing? Playing basketball and soccer. Not a bad thing for a bunch of 2nd graders to burn off energy 🙂
What else makes today special? It is Pass The Cookbook Club day! I had to miss out last month because we were just getting back from Japan, but I am happy to jump in again this month. Want to join in the fun? Each month Kita selects a 3 recipes from a cookbook, and we make one of our choice, and share it with you! It is fun to see what everyone picks, and how they put their own little spin on things. Check out the Facebook page if you are interested in playing along.
So this month we chose The Picky Palate Cookbook by Jenni Flake of Picky-Palate. Jenni has an amazing website of recipes, so I was excited to dive in. I chose the Weeknight Shredded Baked Chicken Taquitos. I had chicken I cooked in the crock pot to make this a quick meal. Taquitos are very versatile, and you can fill them with whatever your family likes. Serve with salsa or guacamole for dipping, and you should have a happy crowd. The oven did a great job of getting these crispy, so you don’t have to worry about frying them. My 8 year old even requested the baked chicken taquitos over the weekend for lunch.
Baked Chicken Taquitos - Fill tortillas with chicken and whatever else you like, then bake them to crispy perfection! Serve with salsa or guacamole for dipping. Great use for leftover chicken!
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 (10oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3 Tbls cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 10 small flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small saucepan combine the chicken, tomatoes, cilantro, salt, cumin, and black pepper. Heat over low heat until everything is warmed through.
- Lay tortillas on a flat surface. Fill with about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture, and 2 Tbls of cheese. Roll tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with a silpat, or sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with guacamole or salsa for dipping
Adapted from Picky Palate Cookbook