Cheddar Bacon Chicken Tenders are perfect for a quick weeknight meal. Homemade chicken tenders coasted in a cheddar and bacon breadcrumb mixture. Sure to please the entire family!
I am actually in Ohio right now. I am in Wooster visiting with Certified Angus Beef. I get to spend today and tomorrow cooking beef with professional chefs. You have no idea how excited I am about this. I am hoping that I learn a ton (because honestly my beef knowledge is pretty limited), and that you will see more beef recipes here in the future.
Plus on Sunday, I get to hang out with one of my good friends Katrina. You may know her from In Katrina’s Kitchen and her new Biscoff cookbook coming out soon. Be ready, because as soon as I get my hands on her book I am sure I will go Biscoff crazy!
Cheddar and Bacon is a pretty classic combination. Cheddar Bacon Ale Dip is definitely a favorite snack to serve around here. Cheddar Bacon Avocado Quesadillas are a common last minute dinner idea. And these Cheddar Bacon Corn Muffins are a popular side dish. So why not cheddar bacon chicken tenders.
My son loves when we make homemade chicken tenders. He likes to help, and dip the chicken in the flour, egg and breadcrumbs. It is one of the few times I can willingly get him to help in the kitchen. And if bacon is involved I can always count on him. So I knew he would be excited about these cheddar bacon chicken tenders, and be ready to help.
Homemade chicken tenders are so easy to make, and so much better than the frozen version you can buy. Plus you get to mix in whatever seasoning you want. I used crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar cheese in with my bread crumbs, to give it tons of flavor.
I served it with ranch for dipping, but you can use your favorite barbeque sauce or whatever dipping sauce you like. The crispy bacon helps keep the chicken juicy, and makes for a super tender piece of chicken. Definitely worthy of a weeknight meal!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders (or breasts cut into strips)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese , shredded
- 1/2 cup bacon , cooked and crumbled (cooled)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Set up 3 bowls. In on bowl beat the egg. In the 2nd bowl season the flour with salt and pepper. In the 3rd bowl combine both bread crumbs, bacon and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the flour. Dip into the egg mixture, gently shaking off any excess. Dredge into the cheese mixture, pressing to firmly coat.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. The smaller the pieces, the quicker it will be done.