One Pan Pizza Chicken – get all the flavor of pizza in a one pan chicken dinner! Super easy recipe to get you through those tough weeknights.
One Pan Pizza Chicken is soon to become a staple in your weeknight cycle. It starts with pantry staples, canned goods. You can have everything on hand to make this at any time, with no special ingredients. I always have a stocked pantry full of canned goods. They are the perfect way to get fresh tasting food on the table, because they are packaging them just hours after picking.
So I know the canned tomatoes are going to be sweet and delicious every time. Plus they are just so darn easy! Talk about reducing the prep time and getting dinner on the table fast. No slicing of the mushrooms or olives, just open the can and pour them in.
My family loves pizza night, but I don’t love how unhealthy it is. So I decided to make this one pan pizza chicken. Because if you have ever visited before, you know I love a quick and easy one pan dinner! For this recipe, I browned the chicken thighs on each side (you can use chicken breasts if you prefer). Then I added canned mushrooms, olives, and tomato sauce.
Topped it with pepperoni and cheese and put it in the oven to cook through. Super quick and easy. And trust me, your whole family is going to love it! You could even mix up the veggies you put in there. I almost used a can of artichokes, but I knew that wouldn’t go over as well with my son.
I was able to pick up all the canned goods I needed, plus more at my Safeway. Help celebrate National Canned Food Month and get cooking in the kitchen with cans! Canned foods often cost up to 20% less than fresh, so you are saving money!! But not sacrificing on nutrition, freshness or flavor.
Want more? Check out all of the other One Pan Dinner Recipes here and here are some more you might like:
Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese
One Pan Spicy Garlic Shrimp
One Pan Pasta with Bacon and Peas by Taste and Tell
Enchilada Chili Pasta by Love from the Oven
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound boneless , skinless chicken thighs (can use chicken breasts)
- 1 (14 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 can mushrooms pieces
- 1 can black olives , sliced
- 24-30 slices turkey pepperoni
- 1 1/2 cup Mozarella cheese , shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large oven proof skillet heat olive oil over high heat. Brown chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder and Italian seasoning to the tomato sauce. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle mushrooms and olive over the chicken. Place about 4 slices of pepperoni on each piece of chicken.
- Pour tomato sauce evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle cheese over the chicken.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Time will depend on the cut of chicken and how thick your chicken is.
- Serve immediately
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons (or name of your local Albertsons owned store) . The opinions and text are all mine.