Crab Rangoon Dip – Classic Crab Rangoon filling made into a warm dip with fried wonton wrappers for dippers. Great for parties or just snacking.
Are you a dip person? My family goes crazy for dips of pretty much any kind. Your basic Beer Cheese Dip is always a hit. And one of our favorite Chinese take-out items are crab rangoons. So turning the filling into a dip was just a given!
One of the key tips about having a party is making appetizers or dishes that you can get done ahead of time. You can assemble this crab rangoon dip the day before and then just heat when it is time for the party, or serve in the crock pot to keep it warm. The perfect party food!
If you are a fan of crab, then this Hot Crab Dip is another great appetizer that is a huge hit at get togethers, and can be made ahead. When you say crab, pretty much everyone gets excited. So prepare for it to disappear quickly.
How To Make Crab Rangoon Dip
- Start by mixing the cream cheese and sour cream together until they are smooth and nicely blended.
- Then add in all of the remaining ingredients and mix until everything is well combined.
- Here you can put into a small crock pot and heat on low for a couple hours. Or put in an oven safe dish and bake until hot and bubbly.
You can use canned lump meat crab to make this, or you can get the fresh stuff from fish counter. The imitation stuff will work, but definitely not be quite as tasty. But can you ever really go wrong with a dip you get to dip fried egg roll wrappers in?
What to Dip
- Fried Wonton Chips
- Tortilla Chips
How to Make Wonton Chips
In the produce section at the grocery store you can usually find egg roll wrappers, that is what you need for this. Just cut them into strips, and fry them in hot oil (about 350 degrees F) until they are brown and crispy. They make the perfect dipper for this crab rangoon dip.
This crab rangoon dip recipe is super easy and going to become a staple at get togethers once you try it!
More Great Party Dips
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- Hot Sausage Dip
- White Queso Dip
- Refried Bean Dip
- Taco Dip
- Baked Mexican Cheese Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese, (1/3 less fat)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 6 oz lump crab meat, drained
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers, , cut into strips
- Canola Oil for frying
- In a bowl mix all of the ingredients together for the dip.
- Heat in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, or put in a small crock pot over low heat for 2 hours.
- In a large pot, pour in 2 inches of canola oil. Heat over medium high heat, until about 375 degrees.
- Working in small batches place strips of wontons into the pot. Cook for about 1 minute, turn them and cook for another 1 minute, or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack to drain and cool before serving.
Adapted from Bake Your Day
Amount Per Serving Calories 234Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 56mgSodium 509mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 9g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!