Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders – super crispy chicken tenders that are coated in shredded coconut! Perfect for a quick dinner for the whole family!
My parents get here today! This is the first time since we moved here, over 3 years ago, that they are driving. And there is a good reason for it. They are staying for the next 2 months. My husband’s company has a sabbatical program. So next week, the 3 of us are leaving for New Zealand for six weeks. My parents are going to stay at our house while we are gone. They have been talking about moving out there for the last couple of years, and this is the test to see if they really want to. They are going to scope out neighborhoods, and really see what it would be like to live here. We are more than happy to have them stay at our house, and not be empty while we are gone.
So yeah, we are going to be gone for 6 weeks. Talk about stressful to get ready to leave! I don’t get off of work for 6 weeks like my husband, so I have been working like crazy to get ready to leave. No worries, you can expect plenty of recipes while I am gone. I will be sharing lots of our trip as well, so if New Zealand is a place you have wanted to go, be sure to follow along!
Ok, the food! Coconut crusted chicken tenders are a quick and easy dinner recipe for any night of the week. The chicken is dipped in buttermilk and then shredded coconut. I used coconut oil to saute them in, to up the coconut flavor a little. The buttermilk keeps the chicken super moist and juicy. The coconut gives it a crispy and delicious crust. You can serve with sweet chili sauce for a little kick, or ranch like my 9 year old enjoyed. Depending on the size of your pieces of chicken, this dinner can be ready in about 20 minutes! Perfect for a busy night.
Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders - super crispy chicken tenders that are coated in shredded coconut! Perfect for a quick dinner for the whole family!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 1/4 pound chicken tenders
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 3 Tbls coconut oil
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Season with salt and cayenne pepper. In another shallow bowl beat together buttermilk and egg. In a third bowl, place the shredded coconut.
- Dip chicken into flour, shaking off any excess. Dip into egg mixture, and then into the coconut; pressing to evenly coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add coconut oil to the pan, swirl to coat. Add chicken, and cook about 4-5 minutes per side, until fully cooked through.
- Serve with a sweet chile sauce if desired.
Adapted from Cooking Light
What even more chicken recipes?