Oreo Muffins – Tender muffins with a Oreo Cookies n’ Cream Streusel
My son loves muffins, if I haven’t mentioned it before. I think I have 5 different kinds in the freezer right now. I make a batch, we eat them for breakfast, and they immediately go in the freezer. Works great! Then when he wants muffins again another day, he gets to pick what kind he wants. I take one out, microwave it for 30 seconds, and he get a warm muffin for breakfast!
I saw this recipe on Knead for Speed, and knew I just had to make it. So when I had Oreo’s left from making Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, I knew exactly how to use them up. Because eating them straight out of the bag by the handful seemed like a bad idea. As much as I wanted to, I had to resist!
Want more muffins? Check out the 50 Muffins that have been shared here before, all in one place.
Tender muffins with a Oreo Cookies n' Cream Streusel
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 12 Oreos, coarsely crushed
- 2 Tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, diced
- 6 Oreos, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees F. Grease or line muffin tin with liners.
- Prepare streusel first. Stir together flour, sugar, and finely crushed Oreos in a small bowl. Cut in butter until consistency becomes like coarse meal. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring between additions. Add vanilla. Add flour all at once. Mix on low speed for a few seconds, then add milk and continue mixing just until incorporated. Fold in crushed oreos.
- Divide batter between 10-12 muffin tins, filling each 3/4 full. Evenly sprinkle Oreo streusel atop batter.
- Bake 16-18 minutes, or until done.
Adapted from Knead for Speed