Shrimp & Avocado Tostadas – a fun and easy way to get Mexican food on weeknights, in minutes! Crispy tostadas topped with guacamole, spiced shrimp, and your favorite salsa.
My son is participating in the school science fair this year. We were in New Zealand last year, so he didn’t participate. He wasn’t super excited about it, but one of his teachers pulled him aside and said it would be really good for him to do. So he came up with an experiment, and has been working on it. The fair is on Friday night. I must say, I will be thrilled when it is over.
As much as he liked doing the actual experiment, getting him to put it all together and ready to present has been a lot of work. And a lot of pushing on my part. So I am hoping that next week will be a little less stressful at my house!
Mexican food is kind of a staple in our house. It is well known at my house that I could pretty much live on Mexican food and be a happy person. So I am always looking at new ways to mix it up. These Shrimp & Avocado Tostadas was my latest way to get my all the Mexican flavor I love, and not make the rest of my family bored. Anytime I involve guacamole my husband is happy, so I used that as the base for these shrimp tostadas. Such a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
You can buy tostada shells near the taco shells in almost any grocery store. Just heat them like you would taco shells, so they are hot and crunchy. Shrimp cooks up so quickly, these shrimp & avocado tostadas can be ready in just a few minutes! These shrimp tostadas just might take over my favorite chicken and guacamole version! Plus, this is Mexican food you can feel good about eating! Shrimp is good for you, and you are topping it with veggies, talk about a win!
Want more? Check out all of the other One Pan Dinner Recipes here and here are some more you might like:
Ham & Cheese Tortellini
Mexican Skillet Potatoes
Sausage Pasta Skillet
One Pan Tex Mex Pasta by A Family Feast
One Pan Roasted Harissa Chicken by The Wanderlust Kitchen
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deviened shrimp
- 1 lime , juiced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- Salsa or Pico de Gallo
- Tostada shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread tostada shells onto a baking sheet. Place in oven, and cook for 5 minutes, flipping the shells half way through.
- In a bowl, toss shrimp together with lime juice, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika and cumin.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add shrimp, and cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for 2 more minutes, or until fully cooked. *Cook time will vary depending on the size of the shrimp.
- Remove from the pan.
- To assemble tostadas, spread guacamole over the tostada shell. Top with a few cooked shrimp and your favorite salsa.
Get even more Mexican recipes!