Buckeye Skillet Cookie – chocolate and peanut butter come together in a gooey, chocolate-y and delicious skillet cookie. Serve warm with ice cream for an over the top treat!
This post is sponsored by Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Chocolate and peanut butter is one of the best flavor combinations out there! Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are also known as Buckeyes and they a must make around the holidays. But sometimes you want that flavor all year round!
This buckeye skillet cookie has a chocolate cookie base, a layer of peanut butter buckeye filling in the center, and then topped with ice cream when it is warm out of the oven. Gooey, chocolate-y, and delicious!
Click HERE for the full recipe
Sometimes you will see a pizookie listed on a restaurant menu or even when you are searching recipes. A skillet cookie and a pizookie really are the same thing! You bake a cookie in a skillet and serve it topped with ice cream and other toppings. They are best served warm, and you just dig in and enjoy fresh out of the skillet.
This classic Skillet Cookie has always been one of my favorite desserts. It is hard to beat a warm and gooey cookie with melty ice cream on top. But this buckeye pizookie takes it to a whole new level if you are a chocolate and peanut butter fan.
Buckeye Pizookie Ingredients
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Buckeye Skillet Cookie
- Using an electric stand mixer cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar for about 2 minutes, until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Add in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Spread about half of the dough into the base of an 11 or 12 inch oven safe skillet.
- In a separate bowl mix together peanut butter and powdered sugar until it is nice and creamy. Spread over the cookie dough into the skillet.
- Top with the remaining cookie dough, pressing down on the edges to enclose the peanut butter.
- Bake for about 18-22 minutes until the edges are set and the center is completely dry looking and set. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes.
- It is best served warm topped with ice cream.
You can really dive in and enjoy as is, it is that good. But it is more fun to dress it up and add a few toppings.
- Ice Cream
- Hot Fudge
- Chocolate or Peanut Butter Chips
- Whipped Cream
More Pizookie Recipes
- Nutella Skillet Cookie
- Red Velvet Skillet Cookie
- Triple Chocolate Brownie Skillet
- Deep Dish Cookies for Two
What Pan To Use
I like to use a cast iron skillet to make this in. But if you don’t have one what is ok! You really can use any oven safe skillet that you have. Or you can bake in cake pans or even a square baking dish. I used to use 2 8-inch cake pans before I invested in a large cast iron skillet to make this.
More Chocolate & Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Reese’s Fudge
- Peanut Butter Cream Pie
- Avalanche Cookies
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
I am sharing this recipe over at Imperial Sugar today. Click on Buckeye Skillet Cookie to get the FULL recipe.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Check out all of my E-books as well as branded merchandise HERE! Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
- Chocolate Pizza - March 20, 2023
- Chicken Taco Soup - March 17, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
Now THAT’S what I call a cookie! This is being made this weekend. It’s so HUGE. I’m already in love.
Is it wrong if I try to eat this all in one sitting? lol
Can’t wait to try this!
katerina @ diethood.com says
Oh my goodness, this skillet cookie is absolutely amazing!! I can’t wait to try it!
Beti | easyweeknightrecipes says
This is the perfect treat! I am so excited to try it!
So many yummy flavors. Our family DEVOURED this!
This is the best dessert! It’s so rich and delicious.