S’mores Brownies – Rich, fudgy homemade brownies on a graham cracker crust topped with toasted marshmallows and bits of chocolate!
If you have met me or been here before, you know my favorite dessert is homemade brownies. Just basic fudgy brownies are my ultimate weakness. There are a ton of brownie recipes on the blog already. But in my world you can never have too many!
These S’mores Cookie Bars are always a huge hit, so I decided to take the same idea, and make them with brownies. Rich, fudgy brownies on top of a graham cracker crust, that are then topped with toasted marshmallows, and more chocolate. It is seriously like heaven in every bite.
S’mores desserts always seem to win people over. S’mores Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies are definitely chocolate-y and cure all those chocolate cravings. Chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows together just make for a tasty treat.
How To Make S’mores Brownies
- Start by mixing together the ingredients for your graham cracker crust. Just graham cracker crumbs, a little sugar and melted butter are mixed together and then pressed into the bottom of your square baking dish. Bake the crust for 8 minutes.
- While the crust is baking make your brownie batter. You can use a box mix here if that is what you have, but mixing together homemade brownies takes 5 minutes and is super easy!
- Pour the batter over the baked crust and then bake the brownies until they are done. It will take about 25-30 minutes. You want a tester to come out mostly clean.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and turn on the broiler. Top the brownies with marshmallows and broken pieces of chocolate. Then put the pan back in the oven for 2-3 minutes until the marshmallows are golden.
- You want to let them cool before slicing or you will have a giant mess with melted chocolate and a gooey brownie. I know it will be hard, the smell is intoxicating, but you can do it!
Can You Make Brownies Ahead of Time
Yes, you can make these the day before so they have time to set up and cool before serving. Did you know you can also freeze brownies? Wrap leftover sliced brownies in plastic wrap or parchment paper and store in an air tight container in the freezer for 2-3 months. If you are freezing an entire pan let them cool completely and then just wrap the whole time up to store.
Tips for the Best Brownies
- Butter vs vegetable oil – really either works, it depends on the recipe. I usually use oil, but have a couple recipes with butter. Butter can be a little more greasy if you use too much. And it gives it a slightly different flavor. But both work and taste great.
- Cocoa powder vs melted chocolate – again both work. You can even look at the back of your cocoa powder container to see what the substitution is. So if you don’t have one, you can definitely substitute the other.
- Use a spatula – you do not need an electric mixer for brownies, just a bowl and a spatula.
- Pans – I like a metal baking pan for baking brownies. Glass works, but I think the texture is different. I don’t get the same edges when I used glass.
Often times s’mores are reserved for the summer, because you need it to be nice out to have a fire. But these brownies make it so you can have them any time of the year. Bring them to your Memorial Day get together, or make for Valentine’s Day, or make them just because you want a gooey and chocolate-y dessert!
If you have a chocolate lover in your life, you need to make these s’mores brownies for them. They will forever be in your debt. I mean just look at that gooey, fudgy brownie!
More Great Dessert Recipes
- Peanut Butter Bars
- Gooey Brownie Pie
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- M&M Chocolate Oat Bars
- Chocolate Toffee Bars
- Peanut Butter Cream Pie
- Monster Cookie No Bake Bars
Graham Cracker Crust
- 3/4 cup graham crackers, , crushed
- 2 Tbls sugar
- 3 Tbls butter, , melted
- 3/4 cup butter, , melted
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 2 Hershey candy bars, , broken in pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with foil.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press into the bottom of the baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the brownie batter. Mix together melted butter and cocoa powder. Add sugar and eggs, and mix until well combined. Mix in flour and salt until everything is well blended. Pour over baked graham cracker crust.
- Return to the oven and bake fro 30-35 minutes, until brownies are almost fully cooked. Remove from oven and turn on the broiler.
- Top the brownies with marshmallows and broken pieces of candy. Return to the oven, and heat until marshmallows are golden brown (2-3 minutes). Watch carefully.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool completely before slicing.
Serving Size12 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 389Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 86mgSodium 283mgCarbohydrates 51gFiber 2gSugar 37gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!