This post brought to you by KRAFT Natural Shredded Cheese and Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
Summer break is here. I am not sure where the lazy days of summer saying came from, because ours is the exact opposite. Between play dates, trips to the pool, vacations, sports schedules, and trying to get work done there is not time for anything lazy. Honestly, for the most part that is actually fine with me. I am not good with relaxing and doing nothing, and my 9 year old is even worse. So if our days were empty we would both probably go insane. So just because the school year is over, doesn’t mean that quick dinners and busy weeknights aren’t still a thing.
Have you seen the new KRAFT cheese packages? They are super easy to find in the normal cheese case at your grocery store (I got mine at Safeway Just For You). They have less packaging than before, so they are in new shelves, instead of hanging up. All of the same varieties are still available, and each package still has the same 2 cups of cheese as before; just a new easy to use package, that actually stands up on the counter. I put the shredded cheese to good use with shrimp nachos. Nachos are always a hit with just about anyone, and my family goes crazy for shrimp, so it seemed like a no brainer.
Another highlight of having nachos for dinner….they are fast! These shrimp nachos even use the precooked shrimp, that you just season and heat. Pile everything up, pour the cheese on top, microwave until melty and you are done! Serve with your favorite guacamole, salsa, or sour cream to finish it off. Shrimp nachos would also make a great appetizer or snack instead of a main course. You can scale the recipe up or down very easily. And if you like things extra cheesy, just add a little more. I won’t tell
- 2 Tbls KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing, divided
- ¾ lb frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbls blackened seasoning
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 Tbls cilantro, chopped
- 1jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet over high heat, add 1 Tbls of Italian dressing. Add shrimp, red bell pepper, and blackening seasoning. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until shrimp is hot. Mix the remaining dressing with mixture, and remove from heat.
- Cover a large microwave safe plate with about 3 cups of tortilla chips. Sprinkle half of the shrimp mixture over the chips, and top with about 1 cup of cheese. Repeat with another layer.
- Microwave for about 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with green onions, cilantro and jalapeno slices.
- Salsa, guacamole, or sour cream make a great accompaniment.